Statistics and Probability

In summary, the conversation is about the use of Kendall coefficient in a dissertation and the request for help in obtaining the formula for the figure Smax. The person asking for help has not been able to find the formula anywhere and needs urgent assistance.
anik18
how many distinct positive integer- valued vectors (x1 , x2 , . . . , x6) satisfying
x1+ x2+. . .+x6 = 12 if 2 of xi must be = 1 ?

please help this question

book: A First Course in Probability (7th) by Ross

Physics news on Phys.org
You agreed to abide by the rules when you joined Physics Forums. You have now posted several homework problems that specifically say "no homework". Moreover, you have not shown any understanding of the problem (what are the relevant equations?) or shown any work.

some of the homework i am unable to do. Then what is the benefit of opening the forum website. they have to help someone to solve their problems not always showing their own answers.

no one is required to help. And there is an homework forum

Kendall coefficient

Could you please help me in the Kendall concordance of coefficient?
The Kendall coefficient figure has been shown in the attached file.
My question is how can we get the figure Smax? What is the start and what kind of steps are to get this formula?
If you have this steps could you please send me. It is very urgent to me.

Thank you.
J

Attachments

• kendall.jpg
    kendall.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 481
Hi, EnumaElish
The usage of Kendall coefficient was an instruction to develop something in my dissertation and my consultant question was the above.

I didn't find anywhere.

Regards,
J

1. What is the difference between statistics and probability?

Statistics is the study of collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data, while probability is the study of how likely an event is to occur based on available information.

2. How is probability used in statistics?

Probability is used in statistics to make predictions and draw conclusions based on data. It helps to quantify the likelihood of an event occurring and to measure the uncertainty of a particular result or outcome.

3. What is the importance of understanding statistics and probability?

Understanding statistics and probability is essential in making informed decisions based on data. It allows us to accurately interpret and analyze information, make predictions, and assess the likelihood of outcomes.

4. What are some common applications of statistics and probability?

Statistics and probability are used in various fields, including science, business, finance, healthcare, and sports. Some common applications include risk assessment, market analysis, clinical trials, and sports predictions.

5. How can I improve my understanding of statistics and probability?

To improve your understanding of statistics and probability, it is important to practice and apply the concepts to real-world problems. Additionally, reading and studying from reliable sources, taking courses, and seeking guidance from experts can also help enhance your knowledge in this area.