What happened to the unaccounted for troops during the Iraq War?

• News
  • Thread starter Mattius_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Statistics
In summary, 200,500 thousand people were in line with the comments made at the daily Pentagon briefings during the war. Most of those killed were first victims of Saddam Hussein, and then victims of George Bush. Bush's idea of freeing people is to, first, kill a few hundred thousand of them.
Mattius_
200,000 - 500,000 are in line with comments made at the daily Pentagon briefings during the war; which I watched every day at 4:00 AM. Of course, most of those killed were first victims of Saddam, and then victims of George Bush. Bush's idea of freeing people is to, first, kill a few hundred thousand of them. The bunker busters buried the bodies very nicely.

According to the Pentagon at the war's end, 6 divisions of 60,000 - 80,000 troops were unaccounted for. When this was announced, the entire press room fell silent.

Ivan Seeking, can you please direct me to a source that would explain these numbers a little more. What does 60-80 thousand unnaccounted for mean? 200,500 thousand, did they actually say that?

Physics news on Phys.org
Why is this thread called 'Ivan Seeking'? Is this a new term meaning 'unbelievable statistic' or something?

Hope not ... I've loved his statistics. Unaccounted for ... i.e. the troops have not surfaced and/or the people been found anywhere ... and might be in line to be added to the casualty list !?

I was only reporting what was said at the Pentagon Briefings. You can call me a liar if you wish but I stated exactly what I heard. When I looked some time later couldn't find a link to confirm this information. If you can find transcripts of those briefings then you will confirm my statements. This was at the 7AM EST briefings and very near the war's "end".

This issue became very quiet until recently and I doubt that anyone knows the actual head count, but we do know that governments lie about casualties in a time of war; especially with the elections at hand. I certainly place more value on the orignal report than I do later interpretations. If anyone wishes to take this adminstration at their word, then I applaud your innocence, and I hope that you don't plan to vote.

1. What is the purpose of collecting and analyzing statistics from the Pentagon?

The Pentagon collects and analyzes statistics to inform decision making, evaluate the effectiveness of policies and strategies, and provide insights into various aspects of national defense and security.

2. How reliable are the statistics from the Pentagon?

The statistics from the Pentagon are considered to be highly reliable as they are collected and analyzed using rigorous methods and techniques. Additionally, the Pentagon has access to a wide range of data sources and employs trained professionals to ensure the accuracy of the statistics.

3. What types of statistics are typically collected from the Pentagon?

The Pentagon collects a variety of statistics related to national defense and security, including military spending, personnel numbers, weapons systems, and operational capabilities. They also collect statistics on topics such as terrorism, cyber threats, and global conflicts.

4. How are statistics from the Pentagon used in research?

Statistics from the Pentagon are used in research to provide evidence and support for various hypotheses and arguments. They can also be used to identify trends and patterns, make comparisons, and inform policy decisions.

5. Are statistics from the Pentagon publicly available?

Some statistics from the Pentagon are publicly available, while others may be classified for national security reasons. However, there are often reports and publications released by the Pentagon that include a summary of the statistics and findings, which are accessible to the public.