Still one school year left , I think it will be applied physics

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's interest in pursuing a career in engineering, specifically in the field of applied physics. They mention their initial interest in astrophysics but ultimately decided on applied physics due to its hands-on approach and involvement in high-tech and experimentalism. The speaker also mentions their high school curriculum and how it differs from a university's applied physics program, with one less quantum class and one more elective. They suggest checking university courses for more specific information.
jjjaaadnr
still one school year left , I think it will be "applied physics"

Well anyone would normally pursue an engineering career in my school , especially in the "General sciences" section . I first considered doing Astrophysics , but having seen how incompatible it is with what I thought it would be like i was then convinced to do something closer to engineering still a bit more theoretical ,more involved in high-tech and experimentalism rather than scientifical conformism that an engineer would encounter (although it is not too far from any field of physics be it quantum astro or radioactivity ...). So it was then "Applied Physics" that caught my attention ... It's obviously just physics , but seen , touched and made . I need help to coin what are the working domains concerning this field ?, what are the similar variants to this field of study ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Question: what's the difference in courses between applied and general physics at your school? My school's applied degree just has one less quantum class and one more elective.

well i was talking about an actual Highschool not University , as much as it annoys me we didn't yet get to the juicy stuff (quantum,relativity,aerodynamics etc. ) we just take some advanced classic Newtonian mechanics , electricity , and electromagnetism . So I'm affraid I can't answer that . You can always Check some ramdom universities' courses , last time i checked they displayed the courses with each field.

Related to Still one school year left , I think it will be applied physics

1. What is applied physics?

Applied physics is the branch of physics that focuses on the practical application of scientific theories and principles to real-world problems and technologies.

2. How is applied physics different from theoretical physics?

Theoretical physics deals with developing and testing theories and models to explain the fundamental laws of nature, while applied physics uses these theories to solve practical problems and develop new technologies.

3. What are some examples of applications of applied physics?

Some examples of applied physics include designing and improving medical imaging technologies, developing renewable energy sources, and creating new materials for electronic devices.

4. What skills are needed to work in applied physics?

Working in applied physics requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a solid understanding of mathematics and scientific principles. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important in this field.

5. What career opportunities are available in applied physics?

Applied physics offers a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as healthcare, renewable energy, aerospace, and telecommunications. Some common job titles include research scientist, engineer, data analyst, and product developer.