Stress and Thermal Creep in ANSYS Mechanical

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
smurtz14
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Just wish to know if there are GOOD EXAMPLES out there on the topics above. I am particularly looking for thermal creep using ANSYS Mechanical Workbench ... Thank you much.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked in the ANSYS help materials? What material model do you plan to use?
 
Thanks a lot.

Yes, I have looked at the ANSYS support! They DO NOT give any example for the Thermal Creep in particular. That seems to be something holding me back. I am using Norton's model, the basic one with C1, C2 and C3 constants that I have computed/extracted/searched for. Things look fine with the response of the pipe under an internal pressure! But the issue is the temperature variation and its affect on the creep strains in ANSYS Mechanical.

If you know of any other place to look for OR any expert to talk to OR write to, that will be truly appreciated. Otherwise I will switch to COMSOL as it seems to have a pretty organized tutorial set for ALL topics and I did find a good one for Thermal Creep!

Thank you and have a great day.
 
Sorry to say I don't have any experience in the topic, I did a quick search in the ANSYS customer portal but didn't find anything specific to the topic you're interested in. If you've got a tutorial to follow in Comsol and you have access to the software, sounds like that's the path to go.
 
Thank you much for your care and time. Appreciate it. Take care.