String Theory Plots: Hans' 3D Modeling & Interacting Strings

In summary, the conversation discusses 3D modeling abilities and string related plots, specifically focusing on interacting strings and their representation as fermions or bosons in superstring theory. The second picture is compared to an electromagnetic 3-vertex Feynman diagram and the concept of "chan paton" factors is introduced. The color is used to represent electric charge and there is also a mention of the orientation of strings and how an open string is always terminated with a "particle" and an "antiparticle", making it impossible to close into a Klein bottle.
arivero
Gold Member
Envy of the 3D modeling abilities of Hans, I have tried mine. So, new thread for string related plots. In this post, you can see interacting strings. Really you can not guess if each vertex is a fermion or a boson in a superstring theory; I can not see how to tell it in pictorial way. So even the closed string in the second picture could be a fermion, albeit it is not my intention. To me, the second picture is more as an electron with a photon in an electromagnetic 3-vertex Feynman diagram.

Attachments

• threevertex1.jpg
    threevertex1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 387
  • threevertex2.jpg
    threevertex2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
And with "chan paton" factors. The colour is intended to represent electric charge. There is another subtle point I do not know how to stress: that they are oriented strings and then an open string always is terminated with a "particle" and a "antiparticle", so that you can not close it into a Klein bottle.

I forget to "draw" the open string three vertex with chan paton factors.

Attachments

• stringZ.jpg
    stringZ.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 387
  • stringW.jpg
    stringW.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

I find the use of 3D modeling to visualize and understand string theory to be a valuable tool. It allows us to see the complex interactions and relationships between strings in a more tangible way. However, I must caution against making assumptions about the nature of these strings based solely on their visual representation. While the second picture may resemble an electron with a photon in a Feynman diagram, we must remember that string theory operates at a much smaller scale and involves much more complex interactions. It is important to continue our rigorous mathematical and theoretical work to fully understand the properties and behavior of these strings. Visual aids can be helpful, but they should not be the sole basis for our understanding of string theory.

Related to String Theory Plots: Hans' 3D Modeling & Interacting Strings

1. What is String Theory?

String Theory is a theoretical framework in physics that attempts to explain the fundamental nature of particles and their interactions by describing them as tiny one-dimensional strings rather than point particles.

2. How are strings represented in Hans' 3D modeling?

In Hans' 3D modeling, strings are represented as tiny, flexible lines that can interact with each other and form complex patterns and structures.

3. What is the purpose of Hans' 3D modeling in relation to String Theory?

The purpose of Hans' 3D modeling is to provide a visual representation of the complex interactions between strings in String Theory. This can help scientists better understand the theory and potentially make new discoveries.

4. Can Hans' 3D modeling be used to test String Theory?

No, Hans' 3D modeling is not a tool for testing String Theory. It is simply a visual aid that can help scientists conceptualize and explore the theory.

5. How does Hans' 3D modeling differ from other representations of String Theory?

Hans' 3D modeling differs from other representations of String Theory in that it allows for dynamic and interactive simulations of string interactions, providing a more intuitive understanding of the theory's concepts.