Gravity Research: Undergraduate Physics Student in Greece

In summary, the conversation suggests that the individual is an undergraduate physics student at Aristotle University in Greece with an interest in research related to gravity, general relativity, and black holes. They are seeking recommendations for post-graduate studies and a PhD program, specifically in the field of cosmology. Some suggestions for universities with strong cosmology groups include the University of Minnesota and the University of Michigan, both of which have theoretical and experimental groups. Another option is the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Germany.
Tilemachos
Hello from Greece. I am undergraduate physics student in Aristotle university. I am interested in research in gravity, general relativity, black holes etc.
Which university do you suggest me for post graduate studies, phd etc??

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're into gravity, GR, and black holes, then the field you're interested in is cosmology, so you'll want to find a university with a good cosmology group. I did my undergrad at the University of Minnesota, and I know that they have both theoretical and experimental groups in cosmology, so that's one place to look. I also have a friend who does cosmology at University of Michigan, so perhaps you should look at their website too.

Just a couple of suggestions. There are plenty of other schools in the US that do cosmology research.

...and in other countries.

Thank you, i will start searching the websites of these universities and we will see..

Also, the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Germany might be worth looking at: http://www.aei.mpg.de/english/contemporaryIssues/home/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is gravity research?

Gravity research is the study of the force of attraction between objects with mass. It is a fundamental concept in physics and is crucial for understanding the behavior of objects in our universe.

2. Why is gravity research important?

Gravity research is important because it helps us understand the motion of celestial bodies, such as planets and stars, and how they interact with each other. It also plays a significant role in everyday life, from keeping our feet on the ground to the orbits of satellites.

3. How is gravity researched?

Gravity is researched through both theoretical and experimental methods. Theoretical research involves using mathematical models to describe and predict the behavior of gravity, while experimental research involves conducting experiments to measure the effects of gravity on objects.

4. What are some current topics in gravity research?

Some current topics in gravity research include the study of gravitational waves, the search for dark matter, and the exploration of gravity in extreme environments such as black holes and the early universe.

5. What role do undergraduate physics students play in gravity research?

Undergraduate physics students can contribute to gravity research by assisting in experiments, analyzing data, and conducting their own research projects. They also have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to ongoing research in this field, preparing them for future careers in physics or related fields.