1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studies in gravity

  1. Aug 18, 2009 #1
    Hello from Greece. I am undergraduate physics student in Aristotle university. I am interested in research in gravity, general relativity, black holes etc.
    Which university do you suggest me for post graduate studies, phd etc??

    Thank you!
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2009 #2
    If you're into gravity, GR, and black holes, then the field you're interested in is cosmology, so you'll want to find a university with a good cosmology group. I did my undergrad at the University of Minnesota, and I know that they have both theoretical and experimental groups in cosmology, so that's one place to look. I also have a friend who does cosmology at University of Michigan, so perhaps you should look at their website too.

    Just a couple of suggestions. There are plenty of other schools in the US that do cosmology research.
  4. Aug 18, 2009 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    ...and in other countries.
  5. Aug 20, 2009 #4
    Thank you, i will start searching the websites of these universities and we will see..
  6. Aug 20, 2009 #5
    Also, the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Germany might be worth looking at: http://www.aei.mpg.de/english/contemporaryIssues/home/index.php [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook