Sum Of Products Notation: Is It Correct?

In summary, the conversation discusses the correctness of "Sum Of Products" notation and potential errors in the equations. The experts agree that clear and unambiguous notation is important, but there is no official standard for mathematical notation. Clarity is key, and parentheses can be used to avoid confusion in complex equations. The conversation also delves into the use of parentheses and order of operations in mathematical notation, with the conclusion that clarity and context are the most important factors in determining the correct notation to use.
I believe this is what you are looking for: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_mathematical_symbols

But keep in mind that the symbols do not make up mathematics; the ideas behind those symbols do. You can use whatever notation you want, as long as you are consistent, and define them before hand.

For example, I could define $ = e for my purposes. So I could write "L$t $psilon b$ gr$at$r than z$ro", and though it is "unconventional", the ideas behind the sentence is invariant under notational change.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
That Wiki page raises more questions than answers, and anyway it's not what I had in mind.

But thanks for the link. I do appreciate your effort.

Like I said, I have conceded defeat on the matter.