Summation inside a summation inside a summation

  • Thread starter Thread starter qwerty12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Summation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
qwerty12345
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
IMG_20120915_210615.jpg
I know how to do it normally, but this confuses me. Can you show me how to do it? And what were the steps you took... etc. Initially, I thought of putting them inside brtackets and work out the last one at the right first, but I'd need to know what K and J are, it's confusing. Can anyone make this clear for me?
EDIT:
IMG_20120915_222841.jpg


I tried this, but it doesn't seem like I'm on the right track.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
IMG_20120915_230928.jpg


But I also solved it with a calculator and it says the answer is 81. What am I doing wrong?
 
1-1+1 = 1 not -1 ... that's if you mean i - j + k and not i - (j + k) .