1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Support PF: Buy your textbooks here

1. Dec 1, 2011 #21
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Dec 13, 2011 #22
    MIT open course ware does the same thing. They get 10% from amazon but they are MIT.

3. Dec 13, 2011 #23
    MIT kills kittens, buy from PF :D

4. Jan 3, 2012 #24
    Bump to remind students to buy next semester's books here!

5. Jun 4, 2012 #25
    Could you add the barnes and noble link to the first post? Saves me from digging to find the link.

6. Jun 8, 2012 #26
    Do you have to enter Amazon from the provided link every time you purchase or is it a permanent save?

7. Jun 9, 2012 #27
    You must use the link every time you would normally visit amazon (and make a purchase).

8. Aug 22, 2012 #28
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  9. Aug 9, 2013 #29

QuantumCurt

Education Advisor

I wish I would have noticed this sooner!! I just spent about $400 on books a couple weeks ago! Oh well, I'll remember this in the future. I'll have thousands of dollars worth of textbooks left to buy before I finish college.

10. Aug 9, 2013 #30
    Oh cool I didn't even see this here before. I'll make sure to keep it in mind when I get a list of recommends books.

11. Aug 18, 2013 #31
    Students, don't forget this opportunity to help support PF :)

12. Nov 30, 2013 #32
    The new semester will be coming up soon! Good luck on your finals and don't forget to buy your next semester books using this opportunity!

13. Dec 8, 2013 #33
    Greg:

A couple of years ago Cristo asked if the link would still work if redirected to Amazon.co.uk, and you said that it should. I see there is a link from Amazon.co.uk now. I am in Canada. If I click on the Amazon.com link and redirect to Amazon.ca, is PF going to get the 6%? If so, great! If not, I will just get my textbooks from Chapters.

14. Feb 6, 2014 #34
    Before I buy my general chemistry book from amazon. Does the seller have to be. Sold by amazon or can it be any other joe smoe for physics forum to receive 6 percent?

15. Feb 6, 2014 #35
    Anyone as long as it's within the amazon URL :). Thanks!!

16. Feb 7, 2014 #36

Thanks purchased my textbooks. Maybe edit the first post to state this? Will probally clear a misconceptoon regarding qualification of purchases and increase more mony for PF.

17. Feb 7, 2014 #37
    Thanks!!!

18. Feb 7, 2014 #38

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

Stupid question: Does this also work for orders via Amazon in Germany? Then, of course, I'll order via the physicsforums link :-).

19. Feb 7, 2014 #39
    Same question here.

Amazon recently launched itself in India and I will be buying a few books in the coming months.

20. Feb 7, 2014 #40
    Yes any amazon link originating from PF :) you can click on the .com link and then switch to your county.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted