What Can You Do to Stop the Cruelty of Fur?

• Thread starter qspeechc
  • Start date
In summary, PETA's campaign against fur is misguided and counterproductive. Their videos are graphic and disturbing, and their insistence that all fur is the same is wrong. The best action to take is to stop believing PETA's propaganda in any way represents reality.
What about down? If PETA were to succeed in banning fur (unlikely), then leather, then wool, wouldn't goose down be next? If they try to take away my sleeping bags and mountain coats, it's war!

Physics news on Phys.org
Er, I think some people miss the point- it's the treatment of animals- perhaps the tread title is misleading- ok it IS misleading.

_Mayday_ said:
Can hookers afford real fur? I just thought it was Rapper Pimps hoes who managed to get the fur and still live a hooker like lifestyle.

LOL! Do you know of any other job that pays between 100-1000 dollars an hour? at least that's what I heard. Not admitting to anything here.

So should we also take a stand against silk? Any idea how many millions cacoons are boiled alive in the process?

Andre said:
So should we also take a stand against silk? Any idea how many millions cacoons are boiled alive in the process?

none. they aren't alive in first place. the little worms inside are a different story

Andre said:

Yeah, caterpillars are cute and fuzzy too! :biggrin: The distinctions seem rather arbitrary, don't they? How do they think those poor soybean plants feel as they are having their ovaries ripped out without anesthetic just so the vegans can have tofu.

russ_watters said:
Agreed. I much prefer leather (for men and women).

Agreed.

http://www.mtv.com/news/images/archive/Village_People/sq-village-people-leather-uni.gif

tribdog said:
LOL! Do you know of any other job that pays between 100-1000 dollars an hour? at least that's what I heard. Not admitting to anything here.

I've never heard of anything worse to waste your money on. They have never stiked me as particularily well off to be honest, maybe they spend their money on other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody sing...! It's fun to stay at the YMCA...!