Television signals general questions

In summary, LCD televisions/monitors process component signals for each pixel in every frame with an approximation. The complexity of the signal depends on the amount of information being sent from the cable provider to the TV, which can vary in frequency and speed. To produce a full video in real time, cable TV typically requires several Mbps or Kbps of information per second. This information is sent from the cable provider to the TV through a digital signal.
elegysix
Do lcd televisions / monitors process component signals for each pixel in every frame? or is there like an approximation it uses? how complex is the signal with this information?

I mean like, if I were to take the video cable out of my TV, and hook it up to an oscilloscope, what sort of frequency would I see? How many Mbps or Kbps does cable tv need to produce a full video in real time? (not analog tv)

I guess I'm asking how is information sent from my cable provider to my tv, and how much information is sent per second?

thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
elegysix said:
Do lcd televisions / monitors process component signals for each pixel in every frame? or is there like an approximation it uses? how complex is the signal with this information?

I mean like, if I were to take the video cable out of my TV, and hook it up to an oscilloscope, what sort of frequency would I see? How many Mbps or Kbps does cable tv need to produce a full video in real time? (not analog tv)

I guess I'm asking how is information sent from my cable provider to my tv, and how much information is sent per second?

thanks

This intro article at wikipedia has lots of good links out to other sources of the info that you are asking about (like digital TV, etc.):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_tv

1. What are television signals?

Television signals are electronic signals that carry visual and audio information from a broadcasting station to a television set, allowing viewers to watch television programs.

2. How do television signals work?

Television signals work by encoding visual and audio information into electronic signals, which are then transmitted through antennas or cables to a television set. The television set then decodes the signals and displays the information on the screen.

3. What types of television signals are there?

There are two main types of television signals: analog and digital. Analog signals were used in the past, but most countries have now switched to digital signals, which offer better image and sound quality.

4. Can television signals be affected by weather?

Yes, weather conditions such as heavy rain or snow can affect the strength and quality of television signals. This can result in a weaker or distorted signal, causing disruptions or loss of the television broadcast.

5. Can television signals travel long distances?

Yes, television signals can travel long distances through cable or satellite transmissions. With the use of repeaters or boosters, television signals can be transmitted over hundreds or thousands of miles to reach viewers in different locations.