Can You Solve These Physics Problems Before My Test?

• Thread starter ouse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the conversation discusses a student's need for help with a math test tomorrow. The specific questions they need help with involve calculating the angle and time for a boat crossing a river, and the distance and velocity of a ball thrown onto a roof. The person trying to help suggests using basic trigonometry and the Pythagorean theorem to solve the problems.
ouse
test tommorow need help please

i have a test tommorw and i need answeres to the folowing questions if u can help i would be very thankful
a bout can travel at 1.85 m/s in still water at wat angle must it go in order to go stright across a 110 m river flowing at 1.20m/s
b)
if it goes stight across detrime the time it would take
c)
if it goes stright across how far down streem would it end up

Q2

a child throws a baseball onto the roof a house then catches it 1.0 m from the ground the roof has an angle of 33 and from the ground to the tip of the roff the distance is 6.2 m is the ball fals at a speed of 3.2 m/s
a)
how long is the ball airborne
b)
wat is the horizantal distance form the glove to the edge of the roof
c)
wat is the velocity of the ball just before it hits the glove

please i need help with this i have a test and i need to know it i really need ur help

ps i only need the soloution to Q1 b,c and Q2 please help i need to pass

Physics news on Phys.org
You've already posted this question and we're trying to help you. You don't need to double post.

sry but i waited for 3 hours and still no help

Those are certainly some interesting questions.. My first step would be to read this https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28.
If you show us what you have tried and where you are getting stuck, there are many here who can help steer you in the right direction.

My second suggestion is to interact sooner with the forum (especially before exams), as it can easily take more than one day to get useful help.

well i got the first part but now I am stuck our teacher doesn't believe in giving formula sheets and as far as i got i don't have enogh info to get the time or displacment

i drew the triangle but since this is vectores i don't know if i should add the negitive ot vf or just leav it likr that and i really don't know how to write the formulas on this so for me to do that would only take forever

there are 10 questios in the review those are the only two i can't get

the angle i got was 33 i used the pathgrione therom then used the sine law to figer it out but now I am stuck

Ok, let's take it one step at a time. You say you have part A to number one. How did you do this? Using some basic trig. Part B can be solved usingthe Phythagorean Theorem. The question did not say which way the water was flowing, so you could assume it was going either way, it would not make a difference as to the angle.

I got a different answer for the angle. Are you familiar with inverse trig functions? What trig funtion: sine, cosine, or tangent can be used to relate the two pieces of information you have for part A? (HINT: You have the opposite leg and the hypotenuse)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah but see umm u had to use the pathagriun therom to fin the hypatinous then use the sine law to find theda out of that and sry if i was sso late i had to eat diner

the inverse would only get you the y or x componant

and how would u get time with the pythagrin therom?

Look at it this way... [tex]\sin{\theta}=\frac{1.20}{1.85}[/tex] How can you find the angle?

1. What is the purpose of the test tomorrow?

The purpose of the test tomorrow is to assess your knowledge and understanding of questions Q1b, c, and Q2.

2. Will the test be multiple choice or short answer?

The test will consist of both multiple choice and short answer questions.

3. What material will be covered on the test?

The test will cover questions Q1b, c, and Q2, which are likely related to a specific topic or lesson that was covered in class. Please review your notes and any assigned readings to prepare for the test.

4. How long will the test be?

The length of the test will depend on the specific instructions given by the instructor. Please arrive to class on time and follow all instructions to ensure you have enough time to complete the test.

5. Can I bring notes or use a calculator during the test?

The use of notes or a calculator during the test will depend on the specific instructions given by the instructor. Please follow all instructions and do not use any materials that are not allowed during the test.