Is Truth Born from Society or Is It Eternal?

• Thread starter Problem+Solve=Reason
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beginning
In summary, the conversation discusses the origin of truth and whether it is a product of society or an eternal entity. The person believes that truth may have originated from the awareness and ability for deception, as seen in the example of a monkey tricking its friends for personal gain. They also mention the importance of following forum guidelines when posting.
Problem+Solve=Reason
Where do you think truth originated from? Do you believe truth originated from society, or truth is an eternal entity?
Why?

----- nwO ruoY evaH ,deeN oN <----?eeS I tahW eeS uoY oD

Physics news on Phys.org
I have an old saying... The Truth is only as good as the lie that made it.

I

Please read over the Philosophy Forums Guidelines and develop your question more substantially.

Sorry about that... I see what you mean, and I will make sure to read over ALL forum guidlines before posting.

----- nwO ruoY evaH ,deeN oN <----?eeS I tahW eeS uoY oD

Most likely the truth originated about the time and from an awareness and ability for deception, but what a truth and what is a lie?
Did you know that occasionally one monkey will dupe it's friends into believing that there is food over there, and when they go off to get the food it will go over here to where the food really is keeping it all for itself...although I would hate to be that greedy monkey when the tribe caught me in the act.

What is "The Beginning of Truth"?

"The Beginning of Truth" is a philosophical concept that refers to the origin or source of all truth. It is often associated with the quest for ultimate knowledge and understanding of the world and ourselves.

Who coined the term "The Beginning of Truth"?

The term "The Beginning of Truth" is believed to have been coined by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato, who used it to refer to the ultimate reality or essence that lies behind all appearances.

What is the importance of "The Beginning of Truth" in science?

In science, "The Beginning of Truth" is a fundamental concept that guides our search for knowledge and understanding of the natural world. It encourages us to question our assumptions, investigate evidence, and constantly strive for deeper understanding.

Is "The Beginning of Truth" a tangible concept?

No, "The Beginning of Truth" is not a tangible concept that can be measured or observed directly. It is a philosophical concept that is open to interpretation and debate.

How does "The Beginning of Truth" relate to other philosophical concepts?

"The Beginning of Truth" is often intertwined with other philosophical concepts such as reality, knowledge, and existence. Many philosophers have explored the relationship between these concepts and how they contribute to our understanding of the world.