When and where is the best time to view the 2014jo25 asteroid?

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter hsdrop
  • Start date
In summary, the best place and time to view the asteroid passing by Earth is on April 19, 2017. A telescope with a diameter of 8 inches or larger is recommended for optimal viewing, but a 4.5 inch telescope may also work under dark skies.
hsdrop
Hello everyone, I was hoping that someone could help me out what the best place and time to view if one wanted to see the asteroid pass by us??

Astronomy news on Phys.org
hsdrop said:
Hello everyone, I was hoping that someone could help me out what the best place and time to view if one wanted to see the asteroid pass by us??

so, do you have a reasonable telescope ?
It will just look like another star when viewing it but over some hours you will notice it has moved in relation to the other background starsDave

My two telescopes while nice were never very reasonable. You could talk to them all you want but they would remain fixated on that one point until you jiggled the mount and then all bets were off.

I have an 8" Orion reflector (a bit bulky) with a dobsonian base and no motor drive and a smaller Orion Mak which I prefer because of its portability and larger star field view also without a motor drive. I'm cheap.

that a lot better then my little 4 1/2 incher:bow: lol do you think that i mite be able to watch it with that

If you read the link in the second post you'll see that a 8 inch telescope or larger is recommended.

ETA: A 4.5" telescope has a telescopic gain of about 6 magnitudes to it should be possible under dark skies especially if you are an experienced observer.

Last edited:
Likes hsdrop
I'm still somewhat of a binger still, and south central wisconsin is quite clouded up tonight and tomorrow any way :cry:

What is "The best view for 2014jo25"?

"The best view for 2014jo25" is a term used to describe the optimal viewing conditions for the asteroid 2014jo25, which will make a close approach to Earth in 2014. This means that the asteroid will be visible to the naked eye and can be observed with telescopes.

When will "The best view for 2014jo25" occur?

The best view for 2014jo25 will occur on April 19, 2014, when the asteroid makes its closest approach to Earth. It will be visible in the night sky for several days before and after this date, but April 19 is expected to be the best time to view it.

Where can I see "The best view for 2014jo25"?

The best place to see 2014jo25 will depend on your location and local weather conditions. However, it will be visible from most places on Earth with clear skies. It will be best viewed in locations with minimal light pollution and a clear view of the southern sky.

How big is "The best view for 2014jo25"?

The asteroid 2014jo25 is approximately 2,000 feet in diameter, making it one of the largest near-Earth asteroids to make a close approach to our planet. However, it poses no threat to Earth and will safely pass by at a distance of about 1.1 million miles.

Why is "The best view for 2014jo25" significant to scientists?

The close approach of 2014jo25 provides a unique opportunity for scientists to study the asteroid up close and gather valuable data. This information can help us better understand the composition and behavior of near-Earth objects, which can be important for planetary defense efforts and future space exploration missions.