The cursor of my laptop screen is oversensitive? How to stop it

  • Thread starter Thread starter sameeralord
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laptop Screen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 6K views
sameeralord
Messages
659
Reaction score
3
Hello everyone,

Recently the cursor of my laptop screen is so overactive and oversensitive. If I just click one thing, it clicks many things. If my cursor just moves near some folder or something, it quickly opens even when I didn't click it. How can I get my cursor to normal sensitivity. Thanks :smile:

From the cursor what I mean is the mouse like thing in the laptop. Even when I touch it a bit, the cursor moves so far away.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's called a touch pad.
Do you have tohe drivers installed for it? If so, it will usually provide options for reducing the sensitivity and the "pressure" needed for a click
 
Hey thanks for the reply. I think the drivers are installed (I didn't install anything externally, when I bought the laptop all the drivers were originally installed and touch pad was working well, i haven't changed anything from there?. How do I access the options for touch pad . Do I check in control panel? What do I search there? Can you tell how to access the panel. Thanks :smile:
 
What is the model of your Laptop?
You can try searching the control panel. My laptop have it's touch pad settings there.
 
I got this issue recently. for me, the power adapter of the speakers was causing this problem. its " noise" was interfering with the touchpad, just verify that you don't have any power adapter plugged in, or any electronic device near the laptop, and see if this problem persists.
 
The sensitivity can usually be adjusted in software. But, we need to know what OS (and maybe what kind of machine hardware) you are running.