Did The Da Vinci Code Film Stay True to the Book?

• Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Film
In summary: No, but I had read some reviews and knew what to expect.In summary, people who have seen the film generally enjoyed it, but some found it slow-moving and predictable. The soundtrack was praised, as was Ian Mckellen's performance.

The Da Vinci Code

• Excellent

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Very Good

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Good

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Average

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Poor

• Very Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

• Total voters
neutrino said:
What's the use of banning a movie that has been running for a week, and for two weeks around the world.

Politics my friend, Politics. (poli- many, tics- bloodsuckers)

Physics news on Phys.org
siddharth said:
Politics my friend, Politics. (poli- many, tics- bloodsuckers)
Apart from the "pirates" who's going to gain from this ban?

Very good movie, mainly because I didn't have high expectations of it. I jumped out of my chair twice and found the story catching. Although the part that 'everyone should believe what they want' broke down the conclusion of the story, which I thought was typical.

I didn't understand the part where the butler and the monk were stuck in the car and the lord and the couple were researching a church and all of a sudden the monk appeared out of nowhere. Did he escape by himself from the car or did the butler let him loose? And why did the butler then hold a gun to Hanks?

And why did they give the monk (the albino person) blue lenses. To make the eyes look normal? The lenses actually made him look extra creepy.

Last edited:
Monique said:
I didn't understand the part where the butler and the monk were stuck in the church and the lord and the couple were researching a church and all of a sudden the monk appeared out of nowhere. Did he escape by himself from the car or did the butler let him loose? And why did the butler then hold a gun to Hanks?
If I remember the story correctly, the butler let's Silas loose from the back of the limousine(?).Teabing's the one who employs him, althuogh he doesn't reveal himself. I could be wrong.

arildno said:
Not at all, but I knew that Alexander Pope attended Newton's funeral.
From IMDB.com
"Factual errors: Alexander Pope never delivered a eulogy or did anything for Sir Isaac Newton's funereal. He did at one point write a poem about him."

I too thought Pope was at Newton's funeral. Maybe it was a subconscious connection from the epitaph...

Last edited:
Now they've started banning the film in neighbouring states, too. :grumpy: I was under the false impression that they had released it last weekend, but actually they were about to do that tomorrow.

Monique said:
From IMDB.com
"Factual errors: Alexander Pope never delivered a eulogy or did anything for Sir Isaac Newton's funereal. He did at one point write a poem about him."
I never said he held a eulogy. I said he attended the funeral, as just about anyone of importance in Britain did at the time.

After the two year hiatus from cinemas...

IT was very good. THough, I found Opus Dei's dependence on cell phones very humorous: speaking via modern technologies in a dead language, does it get any better?