The first day without a cigarette

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
In summary: They may not have the added chemicals like cigarettes, but they still have tobacco which is harmful to your health. It's best to avoid all forms of tobacco if possible. In summary, the conversation revolves around quitting smoking and the challenges and progress associated with it. The individuals discuss their personal experiences and provide tips and support for quitting. They also mention the potential harm of smoking cigars and pipes, and the importance of finding alternative activities to keep the mind occupied. Overall, the conversation highlights the difficulties and rewards of quitting smoking and encourages others to do the same.
Good luck to you, seirousboutit!

So, you folks from 2007, how are you making out?

I quit smoking cigarettes four years and seven months ago after smoking for just over 28 years. It's a challenging thing to accomplish, especially depending on how your body metabolises the drugs involved. I have to admit, I still think about smoking at least once a day. I wouldn't ever even touch one again because I know I'd be hooked again immediately. And I couldn't bear to go through all of the physical difficulties I had in order to quit. It can be a super tough haul beyond the psychological aspects.

So, please tell. How goes it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been cigarette free for about 14 years after smoking for 15. When I was smoking, I couldn't imagine not smoking. Now I can't imagine going back. I am soooooo glad that I quit! The first six months were the worst though.