The Golden Age of Science: When will it end?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Age Science
In summary, the current explosion of information and technological progress is leading to a singularity of information flow, powered by modern electronics and advancements in fields such as nanotechnology, genetic engineering, quantum processing, and physics. However, while discussions often focus on this approaching spike, there is little talk about when it might end. It seems that we are reaching limits in many respects, such as the end of the transistor age and the completion of the genome. With the potential for quantum computers and AI, there may come a time when research projects and scientists are no longer needed. However, it is important to note that the human brain remains a complex and elusive system, making it a daunting task to fully understand and replicate its capabilities.
Some things are destined to always remain a mystery. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Will science ever end?

I personally don't think so, and especially in physics.

I don't know much science compared to the masses of members here..(sorry for being an idiot..) But as we try to explore things more fundamental, things we DONT know increases. I think that is the facination of science.

I don't think there ever was a 'golden age' for science. Science always was 'golden', and always will be.

Les Sleeth said:
There is a HUGE gap between sheep ranchers ideas about reproducing sheep and the technology capable of a sheep clone. It will never work until the ranchers are brought up to speed. A recent example of this problem was reported in Scotland's Farm Times. An excerpt from the article read:
Les, you may end up winning the funniest member award next year. :biggrin:

Science seams to decline in USA in recent years due to Religious freaks aka Republicans and "born again Christians" like Bush and Co.

tumor said:
Science seams to decline in USA in recent years due to Religious freaks aka Republicans and "born again Christians" like Bush and Co.

That would be to their own risk. Religious might not necessarily LIKE science, but it is more truthful than what your local priest says about the creation of the the universe in 7 days.