The next generation of MACINTOSH:

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generation
In summary: Q. It shouldn't take long to start up, or at least no longer than a 6 year old PC would. The age is a factor there...you're just used to something much newer. They might also have anti-virus software running on startup that is slowing things down. For comparison, my approximately 6 yr old PC doesn't even run anymore (well, it does when I open it up, pop in the card that keeps coming loose, and then wait all day for it to boot up...it runs windows 95...I thought it was 2000 until I turned it on recently to back up some old files I was afraid of losing
JamesU
Gold Member
I give to you, the apple iSuck:

apple.gif

Physics news on Phys.org
If Apple sucks, then Windows must be butt numbing diahria.

you obviously have nevr tried the crapintoshes they have at my school :yuck:

I use a Mac and have no problems at all. Don't know what problem you have other than maybe you just don't know how to use it (you don't have to click on "start" to shut down, so maybe you're not used to something that makes sense :biggrin:).

I just started my first day in a very PC dominated department. I wonder how long before I get converts? I wonder if I can at least convert the IT guy to Linux...I so don't want to have to use Windows. He was showing me the website with all the free downloads here...all that stuff you need to keep spyware and adware off those windows systems. :rofl: :yuck: Though, it did take some hunting to find out the information he needed to set up my computer on their intranet, but it wasn't too bad.

Everyone at my school, the teachers, students, we all hate them. We have this Macintosh lab that hasn't been used since last year. we're replacing them all with Dells.

What kind do you have and what OS do they run? Why do you hate them?

I'm not sure of the exact kind, but it's a kind of iMac

I hate them (1) because they've been there for about 6 years. (2) I think it is unnecesary to have the application button, when windows simply displays the minimized windows at the bottom of the screen. (3) Our school has some very old versions of microsoft office (I know, not mac's fault) (4) to completely exit a program, I connot simply click "X" I have to go to file>quit (5) It takes sooooooo long to start up.

yomamma said:
I'm not sure of the exact kind, but it's a kind of iMac

I hate them (1) because they've been there for about 6 years. (2) I think it is unnecesary to have the application button, when windows simply displays the minimized windows at the bottom of the screen. (3) Our school has some very old versions of microsoft office (I know, not mac's fault) (4) to completely exit a program, I connot simply click "X" I have to go to file>quit (5) It takes sooooooo long to start up.
What do you mean application button? On macs, the minimized screen is just in that dock at the bottom of the screen (it might be set to hide to keep the screen clear, in which case you just mouse over it for it to appear). I can't help you with office, that's a microsoft product. You don't have to go to file>quit, just hit cmd (that's the key with the apple on it)-Q. It shouldn't take long to start up, or at least no longer than a 6 year old PC would. The age is a factor there...you're just used to something much newer. They might also have anti-virus software running on startup that is slowing things down. For comparison, my approximately 6 yr old PC doesn't even run anymore (well, it does when I open it up, pop in the card that keeps coming loose, and then wait all day for it to boot up...it runs windows 95...I thought it was 2000 until I turned it on recently to back up some old files I was afraid of losing for good with the current move, but a similar age mac runs quite considerably better). They probably only have G3 processors if they are that old, so, really, it's not mac that's the problem, but the age of the computer and the limitations to what was available at the time.

yomamma said:
Everyone at my school, the teachers, students, we all hate them. We have this Macintosh lab that hasn't been used since last year. we're replacing them all with Dells.
DUUUUUDE! You're gettin' a dell!

(srry couldn't resist :approve: )

I would like to have a mac, but they are expensive, and the cheap one are worse than my current computer.

Moonbear said:
What kind do you have and what OS do they run? Why do you hate them?

I hate them for the lack of options and preferences. Most things have nearly no options on macs. I guess if you like exactly the way it's set up, then macs are for you...

Moonbear said:
What do you mean application button? On macs, the minimized screen is just in that dock at the bottom of the screen (it might be set to hide to keep the screen clear, in which case you just mouse over it for it to appear). I can't help you with office, that's a microsoft product. You don't have to go to file>quit, just hit cmd (that's the key with the apple on it)-Q. It shouldn't take long to start up, or at least no longer than a 6 year old PC would. The age is a factor there...you're just used to something much newer. They might also have anti-virus software running on startup that is slowing things down. For comparison, my approximately 6 yr old PC doesn't even run anymore (well, it does when I open it up, pop in the card that keeps coming loose, and then wait all day for it to boot up...it runs windows 95...I thought it was 2000 until I turned it on recently to back up some old files I was afraid of losing for good with the current move, but a similar age mac runs quite considerably better). They probably only have G3 processors if they are that old, so, really, it's not mac that's the problem, but the age of the computer and the limitations to what was available at the time.
On our macs, we have an application button at the top-right corner of the screen.

What are some new features of the next generation of MACINTOSH?

The next generation of MACINTOSH is rumored to have a faster processor, improved graphics, and longer battery life. It may also include new security features and a redesigned user interface.

Will the next generation of MACINTOSH be compatible with current software and accessories?

While there is no official confirmation, it is likely that the next generation of MACINTOSH will be compatible with current software and accessories. However, some older software and accessories may require updates or may not be fully compatible.

When is the expected release date for the next generation of MACINTOSH?

Apple has not announced an official release date for the next generation of MACINTOSH. However, based on previous release patterns, it is speculated that it may be released in late 2021 or early 2022.

What advancements in technology can we expect to see in the next generation of MACINTOSH?

The next generation of MACINTOSH is expected to have faster processing speeds, improved battery life, and potentially new features such as augmented reality capabilities. It may also incorporate newer technologies such as 5G connectivity and AI integration.

How will the next generation of MACINTOSH impact the computing industry?

The release of the next generation of MACINTOSH could potentially set a new standard for the computing industry. It may introduce innovative features and advancements that could influence the development of other computer systems and further shape the future of technology.