Are Waves the Key to Understanding Life and Existence?

• Thread starter bassplayer142
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wave
In summary: Nonetheless, I do see the potential for a lot of value in viewing life through this lens.In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of waves and how they can be seen as a perfect representation of everything in life. The speaker relates waves to various aspects of life such as good and evil, balance, and cycles. There is a suggestion that viewing life through the lens of waves can bring value and help in living a balanced life.
bassplayer142
The more I think about a sine wave or a circle which are basically the same thing. The more I start to believe in how perfect they describe everything. I've taken a lot of physics so I understand sound waves, EM waves, Schroedinger's waves... etc It just seems to me that everything in life can be related to a wave. Good and evil, more and less, max and min, matter and antimatter. How the planets and gravity pull the planets as once called "the harmony of the spheres". Just the balanced wave represents how humans should live and how we should think. Balancing your life in every aspect of personality and activities seems to be the greatest thing for your life. I would go as far as to say any philosopher or physicist that would rule a country (or share) would have a flag with a wave on it!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Big jump in logic between an equation and 'how humans should live'.

Indeed.

I've noticed very similar things (the sine/circle thing), and how waves/vibrations/oscillations show up everywhere. We can conceive of cycles in terms of waves too and map them out as such--e.g., the seasons could be represented as a wave with winter being the low peak, spring being the ascending x-intercept, summer the high peak, and fall the descending x-intercept. Cycles appear virtually everywhere in life (night and day, breathing, heart pumping, circadian rhythms, etc.), and (with a bit of an imaginative stretch), we can conceive of them as waves.

But are waves perfect? Should we venerate them? I'm not so sure that follows simply from their prevalence.

What is "The Perfection of the Wave"?

"The Perfection of the Wave" refers to the ideal shape and form of an ocean wave, specifically a surfing wave. It is often described as a perfectly symmetrical, cylindrical wave with a smooth, unbroken crest and a steep, clean face.

What factors contribute to the perfection of a wave?

The perfection of a wave is influenced by a combination of natural and man-made factors. These include the shape and depth of the ocean floor, wind speed and direction, swell size and direction, and the angle and intensity of the sun's rays. Additionally, human activities such as coastal development and pollution can also affect the quality of waves.

Can waves ever truly be perfect?

While "The Perfection of the Wave" is often considered an ideal, it is important to note that waves are constantly changing and evolving. Factors such as wind, tides, and ocean currents can all impact the shape and quality of waves. Therefore, it is impossible for a wave to remain in a perfect state for an extended period of time.

How do scientists study and measure the perfection of waves?

Scientists use a variety of tools and techniques to study and measure the perfection of waves. This includes wave buoys, which measure wave height and direction, as well as advanced imaging technology and computer simulations. Scientists also rely on data collected by surfers and other ocean enthusiasts to gain insights into wave quality and behavior.

Why is the perfection of waves important?

The perfection of waves is important for a variety of reasons. For surfers, it is a key factor in determining the quality and challenge of a wave. For scientists, it provides valuable insights into the behavior and dynamics of ocean waves. Additionally, the perfection of waves is also important for coastal communities, as it can impact tourism, recreation, and even coastal erosion and protection efforts.