Can You Escape The Room? Play This Addictive Online Game Now!

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
In summary, the player finds three keys but cannot open the red box. There is a trick to getting out and the game has a lot of references to time and space.
Yeah, well I'll bet none of you are trying to play it on a dial up connection with top speed of 28.8!

Now that is CHALLENGING.

Ok, I live in a cow pasture...

Anyone ever play Myst?

Physics news on Phys.org
made it to the 7th level with the elevators. I think I'm almost done

Whoohoooooo!

I beat MOTAS in 2 1/2 hours. Slower than DDuardo, but it doesn't matter as I FINALLY solved the Green Wall.

Check the guestbook for the name Recon.

Originally posted by Evo
Yeah, well I'll bet none of you are trying to play it on a dial up connection with top speed of 28.8!

Now that is CHALLENGING.

Ok, I live in a cow pasture...

Anyone ever play Myst?

now that is a harsh internet life. it is too bad that the whole game isn't in one big file you can just download.

------

anyway... I completed the game in about 2-3 hours, seems to be normal and it was pretty fun, I however can also do the game in less then 30 seconds, tho my solution is that of only which kirk would be proud of ;)

Here is a text based adventure game.

http://www.robinjohnson.f9.co.uk/adventure/hamlet.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't do any of these games...someone PM me the trick?

Originally posted by recon
Whoohoooooo!

I beat MOTAS in 2 1/2 hours. Slower than DDuardo, but it doesn't matter as I FINALLY solved the Green Wall.

Check the guestbook for the name Recon.

I made it to the green wall finally last night, but it was so late I gave up and went to bed.

edit: screw it, I can't figure out the green wall:P

Last edited:
I got out of the crimson room and all of that was for nothing??

I'm stuck at the stairs/maze part in MOTAS :(

YAY. I'm out
(and yes, i realize I'm talking to myself here)

lol :smile:

Okay, I'm stuck in the room that leads to the room with the fireplace and the one with the big machine. I don't know what to do. Any hints would be very very much appreciated ...

grab the wood from the fireplace, take it into the machine room and place it on top of the machine. Then click the button and set it on fire. take the firewood(now lit) back, put it in the fireplace.

That's the first part of that section. Hint: you will need to use the machine on something else as well to get out.

Now someone gimme a green roon hint darnit!

The green wall is easy, just time consuming. All you have to do at first is fill in as best as you can the wall with green. Then start shifting over all the gray holes to one side of the board. From there it is just trial and error until you get it.

How is that easy?

so there is no shortcut:P well that blows!

Someone else I was playing with FINALLY figured out the firewood part, and I had to quit at the code part with all the smileys etc. I'll continue today. Wait... do I have to start all OVER?!? *argh*
LoL
As for the room with the machine and firewood, why did i keep thinking that that glove painting must have had SOMETHING to do with it??

Originally posted by dduardo
Here is a tiny adventure game I found. Not very challenging but good visuals and humorous characters

http://www.freshsensation.com/samorost.swf

I can't do the Anteater one at that game...stupid hard to work out brain teaser!

only one that wasnt easy was teh room...the mystery of time and space only took me about 20 mins the first time...the other game was bout 5 mins to fig out...the room just oculdnt find that second battery to get outta the red room forever...

-Ty

I FINISHED I FINISHED I FINISHED I FINISHED!

Originally posted by Zantra
I made it to the green wall finally last night, but it was so late I gave up and went to bed.

edit: screw it, I can't figure out the green wall:P

To master the green wall you must think diagonally. At least that's how I got it (took < 5 minutes).

MOTAS sounds an awful lot like my name... (looks around suspiciously)

For someone who didn't care much for online gaming before, you've made an addict out of me. Are there any more games like this? These games ROCK! (understatement on my behalf :wink: )

You don't have to finish the entire green wall...if you can get it down to 3-4 gray tiles, it completes itself.

Originally posted by Mistress Lilith
I FINISHED I FINISHED I FINISHED I FINISHED!

welcome to the club :)

Yeah, I just finished it too...I wish there were more...

Well, I told you about the Lords of Time.. that game is REALLY hard and with some imagination you can really get into the story.. I've been playing it since I was a kid and never been able to finish it :)

The brainteasers in that game are amazing, I'd like to give examples.. but those would spoil the game :frown:

Monique,

Seems like you'd enjoy a online text-based MUD...

like this one (the only one I've ever played): telnet://fierymud.org:4000[/URL]

- Warren

MUDs suck up time like nothing else...

Originally posted by enigma
MUDs suck up time like nothing else...
Yeah, they've got to be almost as addictive as crack. Watch out for your life, Monique! :wink:

- Warren

I remember playing the hitchhikers guide to galaxy. It is very hard (doesn't help that I didn't have enough time to play it through fully the first time). I remember being run over by the bulldozer but I found a way around it. Cant remember it though.

If you've read the book, the game is terribly easy to play.

- Warren

I havn't read the book yet.

I remember that game... used to play it as a tyke.

You need to lay down in front of the bulldozer.