The Swedish theory of love

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Yesterday I have seen the excellent documentary "The Swedish theory of love". (Yes, you can find the full documentary on YouTube, and no, it's not about sex!) Perhaps the most interesting part in the documentary is this graph.
world-culture-map.png

And guess which country is right in the middle? Croatia! If that is not the proof that Croatia is the best country to live in in the world, then I don't know what is. :biggrin:

Attachments

Likes Klystron

Answers and Replies

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
While looking up the definitions, I ran across the World Values Survey which seems to be where this came from. It also has a nice video showing how it changes over time.

I would personally prefer countries in the top right.

Likes Demystifier
Klystron
Gold Member
...And guess which country is right in the middle? Croatia! If that is not the proof that Croatia is the best country to live in in the world, then I don't know what is. :biggrin:
Reminds me of Rafferty's old song "Clowns to the Left of us, Jokers to the Right! Still I'm stuck in the middle with you.." :cool:

Far too risky for love affairs!
Unless one is Catholic as confession resolves controversy.
So-called "christian Marxism" relinquishes religion from Honour while (hopefully) retaining ethics and morality.

[One benefit of a classical education are the many old-time polemics against Honour-violence and the waste of dueling. One need only look at the lives of poor Galois, murdered in a contrived 'duel', and Schwarzschild pere, sickened and dying early as a WWI veteran.]