What Makes the Tiki Bar the Favorite Lounge for Members?

• Thread starter SOS2008
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Box
In summary: Ummm, I love chicken enchiladas. When do you think it'll be ready? :tongue2:About an hour, come on over. Bring drinks. :tongue2:The Entertainment has a pretty good rack.Welcome to one of the favorite PF lounges--the Tiki Bar (moved from Philosophy to the new location in General Discussion). At the Tiki Bar members can enjoy exotic drinks and great entertainment. The Tiki Bar also offers fine dining or simply relax on the veranda and enjoy the view. Of course the favorite activity of all at the Tiki Bar is the comment box. We like to hear what members are thinking, so
Astronuc said:
yomamma, are you alright? A bit of Coke will sooth an upset stomach.

Sorry, about earlier today. I had to pop out and build a tool shed (listening t Joe Satriani, album - "Is There Love in Space". All done now. I have shed experience! *imagine the last phrase said in the voice of Ringo Starr*

Ok, I missed lunch but I am for the evening. Hmm - Saturday night.

Barbequed game and beer sounds good. I can sautee veggies and tofu for the vegetarians, roast some peppers with garlic - Oh, and make zucchini boats.

Anybody ever watch "Shining Time Station" with "Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends". I liked Gordon and Henry, and I really like Ringo Starr as "Mr. Conductor. I loved the way Ringo says "bootlace". Go figure. :biggrin:
I just went to the Crushed Velvet Lounge to see if there were any interesting men there. That place was so dark I couldn't see much. In fact, I think I'm out about $250 in lost sunglasses, watch, and some money in the sofa I was sitting on.

Ummm BBQ and sauteed veggies--I love zucchini! :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
SOS2008 said:
I just went to the Crushed Velvet Lounge to see if there were any interesting men there.
Oh, they are probably up in the observatory - stargazing. :rolleyes:

zoobyshoe said:
Follow all those directions I gave before till you come to the guy with the mop and tell him what you've done!
no, it was just a little bit in my mouth after reading about that black pudding :yuck:

astronuc, I'll have a yomamma's milk. do we have bar mints?

Hey everyone, is this where the after party is? Looks like it's pretty quiet in here for a Saturday night. I guess everyone shows up after the regular bars close?

Maybe they're busy and couldn't come to the bar! :wink:

Where is everyone?!
Rise and shine sleepy heads!
We've got a Father's Day special brunch today.
Fruit juice, coffee, eggs to order, bacon, breakfast sausage, ham, toast, hash browns, those little potato cubes with onion and green pepper (not sure what they are called, but they're tasty), and bagels with assorted cream cheese flavors.

Moonbear said:
Where is everyone?!
Rise and shine sleepy heads!
We've got a Father's Day special brunch today.
Fruit juice, coffee, eggs to order, bacon, breakfast sausage, ham, toast, hash browns, those little potato cubes with onion and green pepper (not sure what they are called, but they're tasty), and bagels with assorted cream cheese flavors.
Ur presence scarces most of them away [?]

somsom said:
Ur presence scarces most of them away [?]
:rofl: Who, Moonbear? Nah.

I am glad she's making breakfast.

Well, it's time for lunch, but I'll have three eggs fried (over easy) on a bed of grits, to which I'll add a generous amount of hot sauce, side of bacon and black coffee. :tongue2:

Astronuc said:
I am glad she's making breakfast.

Well, it's time for lunch, but I'll have three eggs fried (over easy) on a bed of grits, to which I'll add a generous amount of hot sauce, side of bacon and black coffee. :tongue2:

There's nothing better than breakfast for lunch, or breakfast for dinner, or breakfast for a midnight snack! I actually like breakfast most when it's not breakfast time (otherwise it means I had to wake up early). :biggrin:

We'll be firing up the grill for the Father's Day dinner (and at the Tiki Bar, that grill is no wimpy backyard grill...we're talking bonfire with a grate here). We already have the roast pig started, and we'll be adding steak, lamb chops, Italian sausage (with peppers and onions of course), bratwurst, and an assortment of grilled veggies.

Moonbear said:
We'll be firing up the grill for the Father's Day dinner (and at the Tiki Bar, that grill is no wimpy backyard grill...we're talking bonfire with a grate here). We already have the roast pig started, and we'll be adding steak, lamb chops, Italian sausage (with peppers and onions of course), bratwurst, and an assortment of grilled veggies.
Mmmmm, I can't wait!

Moonbear said:
There's nothing better than breakfast for lunch, or breakfast for dinner, or breakfast for a midnight snack! I actually like breakfast most when it's not breakfast time (otherwise it means I had to wake up early). :biggrin:

Thanks Moonbear...I think I'm a little hung over... Yeh, breakfast for lunch (especially for those of us who don't eat breakfast).

Comment Box: Has anyone else noticed that Frist, DeLay, etc. all have Ted Koppel hair styles? :rofl: What's with that? :yuck:

I'll have a bahamma yomamma with a father's day lunch special

SOS2008 said:
Thanks Moonbear...I think I'm a little hung over... Yeh, breakfast for lunch (especially for those of us who don't eat breakfast).
Happily, I was hangover-free this morning. Then again, even though I was out partying last night, I never got drunk, so I guess a hangover wasn't really expected.

Ah...I'm feeling better now. Drinks on the house for DocTox! :biggrin:

Well I'm back from San Fran (short vacation), and I could use a Moonbear Madness. :tongue2:

I'm feeling like a yomamma's milk

*walks back into the bar, checks to see if anyone knew I was gone*

Nope.

*sits back down acting as if I never left...*

Sigh.

*notices my vodka is still sitting where I left it 2 days ago*

*wonders if anyone noticed I don't even drink - just orders vodka to blend in*

Sigh.

OK, Artic Fox, I saw you sneaking in, and I noticed that vodka sitting there for two days.

We have a variety of non-alcoholic beverages: teas, coffees, fruit drinks, sodas, . . . . here at the Tiki.

So what will it be? :cool:

"Vodka", I exclaim. "A Russian only drinks Vodka!"

*looks around*

Whispers; "Chocolate milk with whipped cream, please..." ;)

You got it!

Actually one my favorites is chocolate malt with extra malt. I used have one a day during grad school. Sometimes two. :biggrin:

Now I drink raspberry chocolate coffee, particularly in winter time. I haven't tried raspberry chocolate malt yet though. :tongue2:

can I get a yomamma's milk?

I thought I saw my favorite bartender around here somewhere. Where did she go? :frown:

as far as I can tell, this thread is like a franzbear that keeps going to the ER and keeps getting revived.

yomamma said:
as far as I can tell, this thread is like a franzbear that keeps going to the ER and keeps getting revived.
Nah, this time we know not to apply electric shock in conjunction with burning, gunshot, and lethal injection; we don't want another thread that requires the combined powers of 3 Super Mentors, a biology guru, and a zoobie to kill it. :biggrin:

*does a shot of moonbeast* Ahhh...that's what I needed.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Well I'm back from San Fran (short vacation), and I could use a Moonbear Madness. :tongue2:
Recovering from your, er um, harem weekend, ummm? :uhh:
Arctic Fox said:
*notices my vodka is still sitting where I left it 2 days ago*
Did you leave a sign on it reading: "I spit in this drink"? If you did, it's a good thing you don't really drink vodka because there was another sign attached: "I spit in it too." (Old joke!) :rofl:

Welcome back boys! You missed the celebration of DocToxyn's b-day, but you can still have a drink on the house (Chocolate milk with whipped cream...?). I'm worried about Huckleberry though...if he's gotten another virus, well it didn't come from the Tiki Bar (um, I don't think...)

Comment Box: I don't care if Saddam likes Doritos -- Geez!

I still can't even begin to catch up to this thread, but I'll try tomorrow. For now, I have to go to sleep. 'Night, all. :zzz:

SOS said:
Recovering from your, er um, harem weekend, ummm?
Harem? Not quite. Unless you mean the two cats that slept with me on the couch. I did really like the kitties, just not in that way. :tongue:

I see a franzbear in the making...

yomamma said:
I see a franzbear in the making...
There, there, have another yomamma's milk. Nothing will ever replace franzbear, but he'll always be there with you in your heart.

Moonbear said:
There, there, have another yomamma's milk. Nothing will ever replace franzbear, but he'll always be there with you in your heart.
I fear I forget him one day :cry: "out of sight,out of mind!"

I miss him. I even stopped badgering Evo with PM's because I was to upset :frown:

yomamma said:
I miss him. I even stopped badgering Evo with PM's because I was to upset :frown:
Me ,too! :cry: but I'm sure we all will forget him 1 day!
we even didn't attend his funeral!

SOS2008 said:
Comment Box: Has anyone else noticed that Frist, DeLay, etc. all have Ted Koppel hair styles? :rofl: What's with that? :yuck:
Let's see, who else has "Ted Head" -- Santorum? :rofl:

What' going on? Anything to eat around here? What the heck, I'll just have my usual Moonbeast, please.

What a load of cobblers, get out of the bar and into the real world,
on reflection, "run like mad to the bar".

Back