Explore The Way of Dragon: E-Books for Engineering & Physics

• Thread starter ShayanJ
  • Start date
In summary: If you're still interested in studying these, you might want to look into "Foundations of Modern Physics" or another book that covers all of those topics.
Hey its not that easy

Physics news on Phys.org
Try it

Shyan said:
Hey its not that easy

If you really want to study physics, I'm sure you'll find a way.

I'd start by trying that "conquer". You'll never know.

BTW, did you receive that ebook I sent you?

yeah...thank you
Do you have some others?

Unfortunately no.

EDIT: Some of the "old" books on math you mentioned that are available at your library might just be as good as new ones. The math in an undergrad curriculum is is between 50 to 2000 years old.

Last edited:
Hey could you tell me what is Combinatorics or finite mathematics?
Is it just the discrete mathematics itself?

Last edited:
So what is finite mathematics and is the same as Combinatorics?if not,what Combinatorics?

It doesn't matter what theorem you classify into what field. Call it whatever you want.

I don't understand what you mean.please clarify it!

It doesn't really matter what anyone chooses to call "combinatorics" or not. Why are you asking for a definition?

Interesting thread.

Shyan, don't give up, stay ambitious. The people here all mean you well with their advice.

Thanks equate(and them)
and you dragon,because I don't know what is combinatorics.
And please speak more clear.I really don't understand your meaning

Last edited:
Code:
Abstract Algebra 428
Calculus_Made_Easy_Thompson 315
Complex Analysis 110
Differential Equations 187
discrete-mathematics-for-computing 316
Linear Algebra Done Right 261
Mathematical Logic 127
Multivariable Calculus 472
Real Analysis 85
Set Theory 99
Vector Calculus 222
These are some of my PDFs that I had before or I found in recent days and I think maybe useful.(with thanks to dragonfall).I want to ask you for a good topology PDF.
Another question is:what do I lack?
Another is:What's the order of reading them?
Another is:Because I love computers now and till now I learned 5 programming languages(c++,php,python,dark basic and visual basic)I think it will be useful to know more about the mathematics concepts related to computers.I want to ask you what are they?
And yeah dragonfall that's solved.
thanks a lot

If you want to work in IT you should learn Java, as well as C. I don't what "dark basic" is, but that and visual basic are practically unused in practice. You don't need to know the mathematical concepts related to computers in order to be a programmer. You don't even need to know are low-level stuff, like how memory is accessed and how hard drives work.

What you do need to know are algorithms. Try reading http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Introduction-to-Algorithms-Second-Edition-Cormen-Leiserson-Rivest/9780262032933-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527introduction+to+algorithms+rivest%2527

You also need focus. It will be very hard for you to learn all of logic, set theory, discrete maths, linear algebra, differential geometry, vector calculus, analysis, relativity, quantum physics, string theory, data structures and algorithms at the same time. Pick ONE thing and focus on that.

Collecting PDFs or books doesn't mean you've actually learned anything.

Last edited:
Not at the same time.If you look at my last post you will see that I asked for the right order of reading them.
And about the link.Really thank you but but I can't buy things from online stores.But I really wish I could.

"Calculus Made Easy" is probably a good starting point. A lot of the other stuff depends on basic calculus.

Yeah...I guessed that will be the answer and I started it yesterday.what about the second,third and...
And one other thing
1-show that the series [tex]1-\frac{1}{2}+\frac{1}{3}-\frac{1}{4}+\frac{1}{5}-\frac{1}{6}+\frac{1}{7}...[/tex] is convergent,and find its sum to 8 terms.
2-If [tex]\log_{\epsilon}(1+x)=x-\frac{x^2}{2}+\frac{x^3}{3}+\frac{x^4}{4}+...[/tex],find [tex]\log_{\epsilon}1.3[/tex].
I couldn't understand how to solve these two problems.Could someone explain?
thanks

Last edited:
Ok what about the question about the order of reading those books?

I want to spend this summer on reading some Physics books but can't find any which I can begin and enjoy for the whole summer. So can anyone of you suggest some for me also.

I have had calculus upto differential equations, Fourier Analysis, vector calculus from my engineering course and I also know a bit of Complex numbers.

PalashD said:
I want to spend this summer on reading some Physics books but can't find any which I can begin and enjoy for the whole summer. So can anyone of you suggest some for me also.

I have had calculus upto differential equations, Fourier Analysis, vector calculus from my engineering course and I also know a bit of Complex numbers.

If you want to enjoy it, try Feynman Lectures on Physics by Richard Feynman.

Shyan said:
Hey could you return my thread to me?

Shyan said:
Hey could you return my thread to me?
I still have a question.

If you're really dedicated to learning the mathematics necessary for advanced physics, I know of a certain pure math book that is fairly remarkable in its depth and breadth of coverage.

It's called Advanced Calculus and is by Sternberg and Loomis. You can find a link to it for free in PDF form http://www.math.harvard.edu/~shlomo/" .

It assumes you know all the traditional material contained in a standard calculus sequence. It also assumes a truly unusual amount of mathematical maturity for students at the freshman level.

You must be very dedicated and willing to work hard to get through it, but it will take you through abstract linear algebra, rigorous single-variable and multivariable calculus, the foundations of the theory of integrals, and finally on to the calculus of manifolds using tensor analysis and multilinear algebra. It essentially contains an entire undergraduate education in analysis (and probably a bit of a graduate-level education in analysis as well at all but the most accelerated schools). It also has a section somewhat in the middle on differential equations.

Have fun! :smile:

As a side note, in my opinion this book is a prime example of how poor mathematics education is in the U.S. I find it sad that many people graduating with undergraduate degrees in mathematics in the U.S. would probably find much material in that book they don't know, even though it was intended to be used as a two- or three-semester analysis sequence for entering freshmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really thank you but I still have one problem.
WHAT IS THE ORDER OF LEARNING THIS MATH STUFFS YOU SUGGESTED?
Excuse me.Its because I asked this question several times and nobody answered.
And I will really appreciate it if some one gives me PDFs about elementry geometry,analytic geometry and multi linear algebra.And I think for understanding relativity I need another kind of geometry,too.But I don't know the name.If some one introduces it to me I will thank him\her.
thanks in advanced

http://arxiv.org/abs/math.HO/0405323"

Last edited by a moderator: