1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The white ship

1. Jun 15, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Or the ancient titanic, it sailed from Barfleur, anyone know anything about it? i will not give any more details so you do not go wasting your time googling, it is just that i need some details.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2006 #2
  4. Jun 15, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

5. Jun 16, 2006 #4
  6. Jun 16, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Jimmy, i am looking for what type of ship , there are depictions in old tapestries, but they are very stylised, i have serched google, i thought
    that maybe someone had a non google source.

7. Jun 16, 2006 #6
    None of the three links I posted were 'google sources'. I just used google to find them. Are you looking for a web site that google doesn't know about? Good luck with that.

8. Jun 16, 2006 #7
    I googled for shipbuilding "12th century" and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipbuilding
    Wiki. Figures.

Was there a sternpost or rudder on the images you saw?

9. Jun 16, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

Jimmy, a sternpost was introduced about the time in question, i will have to have another look at the images, i have seen a reference to the white ship that calls it a (snake ship) whatever that means.

10. Jun 16, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

In one refference the white ship is called a dragon ship, i have found an obscure note that states a dragon ship is a viking (drekkar), anyone ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?