Theoretical instantanous communicator

• Thread starter serp777
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theoretical
In summary, this article talks about how elements can be entangled with each other and how this could be used for a quantum communicator. It is not clear if this is a break through or not, but it is interesting nonetheless.
serp777
I just saw this article on cnn: http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/07/diamonds-entangled-in-physics-feat/

very interesting stuff, and it basically says that whole elements can be entangled with each other. It got me thinking about a possible quantum communicator to transmit zeroes and ones. For example, what if you were to entangle two uranium atoms with each other? I'm thinking that since the atoms would have identical vibrations, the radioactive decay timing would also be identical. By moving a dense object further and closer to these uranium atoms, you could induce a gravity field to create a slight time dilation effect, and thus impact the rate at which radioactive particles decay. the differences in timing could then be interpreted as zeroes and ones. I don't know if this is stupid or not, but let me know and explain why. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't take what the article is saying too literally. Entanglement cannot persist after observations have been made. Once you observe one of the pairs of the entangled particles, the entanglement is gone. It's not like in the movies where the two atoms mimic each other across vast distances.

I realize that, buy you're not observing the entangled particle directly in this situation. Instead you would be observing the radioactive decay. I don't know if that classifies as viewing the entangled state though.

Main stream news articles that deal with complex matters such as quantum mechanics generally don't get the whole picture. While it may be possible to "sort of" send very small information information that has to be inferred from some complex mechanism with experimental break thoughts, any information that could possibly be sent at this point in our research would have to be very weak and definitely is not ready for something as big as instantaneous communicators, even though many scientists are working on it even right now.

By experimenting there are different ways to get indirect measurements http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/48126

But it's not like some giant break through that revolutionizes everything, all the things we're improving on in quantum mechanics are very small steps.

What is a theoretical instantaneous communicator?

A theoretical instantaneous communicator is a device or technology that allows for instantaneous communication between two or more parties, regardless of the distance between them. This means that there is no delay in the transmission of information, and it is received by the recipient immediately.

How does a theoretical instantaneous communicator work?

The exact mechanism by which a theoretical instantaneous communicator would work is currently unknown and purely theoretical. However, some proposed theories suggest that it could involve the manipulation of quantum entanglement or the use of wormholes to transmit information instantaneously.

Is a theoretical instantaneous communicator possible?

As of now, there is no scientific evidence or technology that supports the existence of a theoretical instantaneous communicator. However, many scientists and researchers continue to explore the concept and its potential feasibility.

What are the potential applications of a theoretical instantaneous communicator?

A theoretical instantaneous communicator could have a wide range of applications, including instant communication for space exploration, military operations, and emergency response situations. It could also revolutionize long-distance communication for personal or commercial use.

Are there any challenges or limitations to developing a theoretical instantaneous communicator?

As with any theoretical technology, there are many challenges and limitations that need to be overcome before a theoretical instantaneous communicator can become a reality. These include the need for advanced technological advancements and a better understanding of the fundamental laws of physics.