Thermodynamics: 2 heatsources together and a heatsink

In summary, the individual is working on creating a steady state model for two heat sources that are closely spaced and surrounded by dirt. The goal is to calculate the temperature and heat output at a distance from one cable, taking into account the temperature changes caused by the two cables. They have already created a steady state model for one cable, but not for two closely spaced cables. They would like to use this model to calculate temperatures and heat outputs in various scenarios.
nicklasaau
I am going to create a model, with two heatsources closely spaced (Cables with a current) Covered with dirt and at a distance 1.3m from each cable there are a heatsink surround them.

My problem is when I am going to create the model, I am not sure at what temperature i need to calculate the heat Q, because the temperature between the cables must change because of the two cables, and that would effect the heat Q.

The goal is to know the temperatures at a distance R, from one cable and Q from both cables.

The model with to cables is steady state

And i have create a steady state model for 1 cable, but not with to closely spaced

Science news on Phys.org
Illustration of the scenaria that i would like to calculate

Attachments

• test.pdf
    14 KB · Views: 229

What is thermodynamics?

Thermodynamics is a branch of physics that deals with the study of heat and its transformation into mechanical energy.

What is a heatsource?

A heatsource is a system or object that provides heat energy, either through combustion, nuclear reactions, or other means.

What is a heatsink?

A heatsink is a device that is used to dissipate or transfer heat away from a system or object, typically through convection or conduction.

How do two heatsources together affect the overall temperature of a system?

When two heatsources are combined, the overall temperature of the system will increase due to the combined heat energy being added.

How does a heatsink affect the temperature of a system?

A heatsink helps to regulate the temperature of a system by dissipating excess heat and preventing it from reaching critical levels that could damage the system.