1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Thermodynamics: Internal Pressure calculus

1. Aug 1, 2014 #1
    I'm extremely sorry for not using the template. One of my thermodynamics instructors used this relation to prove another result. I know what to do next and the other steps to end up at the final result but I don't know how this result came.
    Is it simply mathematics that I'm not aware of, or is this a standard result? In both cases, kindly help me out! I'm stuck

[PLAIN]https://thesidjway.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/kaise.jpg[/IMG [Broken]

Thanks in Advance
    (I'm a first year undergraduate)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2014 #2
    The internal energy U was expressed as U = U (S,V). Have you had anything in your courses on partial differential equations yet? If not, you are going to have big trouble understanding this development as well as all the rest of thermodynamics. Sorry for the bad news.

Chet

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted