Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb

1. Apr 19, 2006 #1
    This Bike is a Pipe Bomb....

This just seems ridiculous. The older story of a similar incident is even more so ridiculous though...
    And here's a pic and description of the sticker...
    http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/bicycle/mcs134?utm_source=froogle
    Who the heck is going to think that a terrorist goes out and has vinyl stickers printed up to label their bombs with let alone label them so specifically?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2006 #2
    Agreed. And who would think a terrorist would be stupid enough to put c4 in his sneakers and try to light it up with a match?

4. Apr 19, 2006 #3
    That's called improvised munitions and is something that terrorists are trained in. Have you ever read a book on improvised munitions? Exploding candy bars, exploding beds, exploding whistles.... I don't remember ever seeing anyone trained to have people print up labels for their bombs though. Uhoh... look out for the BMX bomber folks. Just check and see if there's a sticker on the thing to tell if it's a bomb ok?

5. Apr 19, 2006 #4
    If you are trying to detonate c4 with a match, your not very well trained. That's all I was getting at. Terrorists are stupid too, you'd be supprised.

6. Apr 19, 2006 #5
    Lol... sorry. I was thinking about as clearly on that as if I were trying to light c4 with a match.:biggrin:

7. Apr 20, 2006 #6
    Now how would you know about terrorist training? :wink:

8. Apr 20, 2006 #7

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I'm getting me one of those! Tempting fate? maybe, but I think it'd be a laugh.
    Probably best insure the bike first though... :uhh:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?