Which movie or movie character reminds you of someone in your life?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the members of the forum have been discussing which movies or movie characters/actors/actresses remind them of each other. Some of the comparisons made include Danger with The Hustler, yomamma with Home Alone, arildno with Serpico, Greg with Harry Potter, smurf with Gone with the Wind, Mr Wolram with The Scent of a Woman, Franzbear with Saving Private Ryan, and some of the other members with American Pie. The conversation also includes some confusion and joking about who would be represented by which movie, with Lisa! being compared to Dr. Evil in Austin Powers and Evo being compared to The Graduate. Lisa! also mentions that she sees herself as Dustin Hoffman, with Rainman being mentioned
Lisa!
Gold Member
I think all of you remember honestrosewater's thread. Now I want to know hwich movie or movie character(even actor or actress) reminds you of each other?

Danger: The Hustler
yomamma: Home alone
arildno: Serpico
Greg: Harry Potter
(can't say :blushing: ) : Gone with the wind
Mr Wolram: The scent of a woman
Franzbear: Saving Private Ryan
Some of guys around here: American Pies

Think of more later!

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't get my own movie?

I want to know who the Gone with the Wind one is.

it's obvioulsy-> smurf

yomamma said:
it's obvioulsy-> smurf

Who is that arrow pointing at?

highlight it

yomamma said:
highlight it

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry. Only laughing because of the though of Smurf replacing the red haired hooker in gone with the wind. Forget her name, belle watson or something like that.

The movie sucked anyway. Absolutely abysmal. Such a disservice to the book.

No, it's a she!

What about me :(

Lisa! said:
No, it's a she!
HRW? yourself? Moonbear? Evo?

Lisa! said:
No, it's a she!

wait, so confused.

Perhaps you use that movie as a descriptor different than me.

I used it once to refer to the women who was Scarlett to my Rett.

Wait...don't tell me her name is Lisa...

Can't tell you, yomamma. I'm afraid of her! :uhh: :wink:

Pengwuino said:
'Full Metal Jacket' & 'American Pies'

Pengwuino said:
Keiko from "Free Willy".

I'll take Easy Rider, Vanishing Point, or Bullitt. :biggrin:

What about me Lisa!, what about meee?!

P.S. Actually let me guess: Dr. Evil in Austin Powers? :smile:

Last edited:
I'm obviously from the several "Smurfs" movies.

Lisa!: I am Sam
Smurf: Waking the Dead
Evo: The Graduate
franznietzsche: Rushmore

loseyourname said:
MEE-YOW! :!) Dit-da-did-dit, dit-di, di-dit, dit-da-dit-it-dit...

DIBS ON DUSTIN HOFFMAN'S PART! SUCKERS!

Last edited:
Waking the dead? Wtf is waking the dead?

loseyourname said:
I always did see myself as Dustin Hoffman. :biggrin:

Evo said:

Me too Rainman. :wink:

Smurf said:
Waking the dead? Wtf is waking the dead?

Pretty good movie, but very small, from a few years back. You remind me a bit of Jennifer Connelly's character.

Evo said:

i guess he was pointing to the old lady in the movie :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Danger: The Hustler
You're a wee bit off track there, Lisa!. With the exception of tournaments, I don't play pool for money. If you were familiar with how I got the name Danger, you'd realize that most folks who know me would more likely associate me with 'Gross Pointe Blank', 'Day of the Jackal', or possibly 'Terminator'.

Danger said:
You're a wee bit off track there, Lisa!. With the exception of tournaments, I don't play pool for money. If you were familiar with how I got the name Danger, you'd realize that most folks who know me would more likely associate me with 'Gross Pointe Blank', 'Day of the Jackal', or possibly 'Terminator'.
The end of the movie reminds me of you! :biggrin: I know you don't play for money but as I remember, Paul New man was mad about playing pool too and that's why he reminds me of you. Anyway I knew you may not like it! :redface:

Lisa! said:
Anyway I knew you may not like it! :redface:
I never said that I didn't like it; just making sure that people understand my approach to the game. A lot of folks do tend to think in 'hustler' terms when they hear the word 'pool'. (Or that damned 'Trouble in River City' song.) It has a bad reputation from decades ago, but is now a family-friendly organized international sport. If you ever manage to get here, I'll take you on as a Scotch Doubles partner.

Danger said:
I never said that I didn't like it; just making sure that people understand my approach to the game. A lot of folks do tend to think in 'hustler' terms when they hear the word 'pool'. (Or that damned 'Trouble in River City' song.) It has a bad reputation from decades ago, but is now a family-friendly organized international sport. If you ever manage to get here, I'll take you on as a Scotch Doubles partner.
Wow! Wonderful!

PS Do you look like the guy in the 'Jackal's day'? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If those other movies are too violent - not really me - I just like the cruising cross country and driving fast :biggrin: , then I'll settle for

Dr. Doolittle (Rex Harrison) or Around the World in 80 Days (David Niven), or perhaps the Pink Pather (Peter Sellers). :biggrin:

Danger said:
It actually got the name from where it was played. Pool halls were gambling establishments and billiard tables were a popular form of entertainment between events that the "betting pools" were on.

I'm really terrible about these sorts of games. I can't think of anything for anyone.

SOS2008 has always reminded me of Jackie Brown, not sure why. maybe because she's an ex-felon?

What does "This movie reminds me of you" mean?

"This movie reminds me of you" is a statement that suggests that the movie being watched has similarities or connections to the person being addressed. It could be because of the movie's themes, characters, or other elements that remind the speaker of the person.

Why would someone say "This movie reminds me of you"?

There could be various reasons why someone would say "This movie reminds me of you." It could be because the movie has themes or characters that are similar to the person's personality or experiences. It could also be because the person has recommended the movie to the speaker or has expressed interest in it before.

Is it a compliment if someone says "This movie reminds me of you"?

It depends on the context and the tone in which it is said. Generally, if someone says it with a positive or nostalgic tone, it could be seen as a compliment. However, if it is said in a negative or mocking tone, it could be seen as an insult.

How should I respond if someone says "This movie reminds me of you"?

You can respond by thanking the person and asking them why the movie reminds them of you. This can lead to an interesting conversation and give you insights into how others perceive you. You can also share your thoughts on the movie and if you see any similarities with yourself.

Can "This movie reminds me of you" be offensive?

Yes, it can be offensive if it is said in a negative or mocking tone. It can also be offensive if the movie has negative connotations or portrays the person in a negative light. It is important to consider the context and the tone in which it is said before determining if it is offensive or not.

Back