Modeling pressurized air tank emptying into a chamber at lower pressure

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter shishir.gupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chamber Tank Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
shishir.gupta
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi.. I am working on a project where I need pressurized air from one tank to fill another chamber at lower pressure. I have values for input pressure, required final pressure and diameter of the short flow pipe. I understand that the density and flow rate of air will keep on changing as the pressure in the inlet tank reduces due to flow. I was wondering how can I convert this into a mathematical model to get the desired time and optimize from thereon. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org