Time Travelling-Very Intereting Conversation

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of time travel and its limitations. The speaker believes that time travel to the future may be possible according to 11 dimensional string theory, but not to one's own future. They also mention the lack of scientific evidence for time travel to the past.
Awsom Guy
I hope this is where this goes..

Does anyone believe in time travelling..

Also I hope this is considered a physics question...LOL:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess it depends on what you term as time traveling.

If you are referring to time travel based on 11 dimensional string theory, then I would have to say yes that it is POSSIBLE, not for a very long time and we'll probably learn to live on the surface of the sun long before that would be possible, but it is POSSIBLE. If the theory is sound anyways.

I don't know of any other scientific theory that would allow time travel. Everything else is science fiction in my belief.

i think you can only got to the future
going back whould be way too confusing

Time travel to another person's future, yes. Time travel to your own future (ala Back to the Future), no.

There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates something can travel backwards in time. I can't even imagine how that would be physically possible unless it is some sort of "looking glass" immutable kind of time travel.

Last edited:

What is time travel?

Time travel is the concept of moving between different points in time, either forward or backward. It is a popular topic in science fiction, but there is currently no known way to physically travel through time.

Is time travel possible?

Currently, time travel is only possible in theory. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time dilation occurs when an object moves at high speeds, making time pass slower for that object. However, this would require an enormous amount of energy and technology that is currently not available.

Can we change the past through time travel?

This is a highly debated topic. Some theories suggest that changing the past would create a paradox, while others propose that multiple timelines would be created. However, since time travel is not currently possible, it is impossible to know for sure.

What are the potential consequences of time travel?

The potential consequences of time travel are unknown since it is not currently possible. However, some theories suggest that changing the past could have unforeseen ripple effects on the present and future.

Are there any real-life examples of time travel?

There is no concrete evidence of time travel in real life. However, there are some phenomena that have been observed, such as time dilation and the twin paradox, which support the concept of time travel in theory.