Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

To hell with me!

1. Jan 25, 2006 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

I always promise myself not to confuse people by briging up the subjects that they have no idea about them but I do it again!:shy: So I have to explain alot and at the end I feel like I was talking to the wall or even worse!(at least walls don't comment on what you say) And well after that I even feel lonelier than when I'm alone and have no one to talk!:frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2006 #2
    I'm confused... I have no idea what you're talking about. Would you explain? I may or may not comment on your reply of course.

Regards,

The Wall

:wink:

4. Jan 25, 2006 #3

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Such a well thought out, clear, concise post. No chance for confusion.

Lisa!, your posts should be more like Orefa's! :smile:

(Okay, I have no idea what this topic is about and just figured complimenting someone on their post was the safest action to take)

5. Jan 25, 2006 #4
    I think I know what you are talking about.

I often find that someone will bring up something that they don't really understand and I will have some amount of understanding myself. So I start trying to explain it to them somewhat and quickly find that they really aren't getting much of what I am saying and aren't very interested to hear any more.

6. Jan 25, 2006 #5
    Dont be sad. I thinks that cool. At least you are unique !

7. Jan 25, 2006 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Yeah darkar,most of my interests are different from people around me. But that's not cool all the time!:smile:

8. Jan 26, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When you talk to these people who don't understand you, what language are you speaking? What languages do they understand? Maybe that is the barrier.

9. Jan 26, 2006 #8
    what kind of interests are you into? do you play dungeons and dragons blindfolded?

no matter how weird, interesting, fun or plain boring it is, the internet is a great place to find people with similar interests..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  10. Jan 26, 2006 #9

Usually I speak physicist and they only understand business-major. Even though they are engineering majors.

11. Jan 26, 2006 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

yeah, but who cares. you're so cute they just giggle and smile and do the hair flip thing. That's universal!:smile: Even the hardcore engineering girls at UCLA do this with cute guys. They don't want to scare you off - in case you turn out to be a marketing major, or something. :biggrin:

12. Jan 26, 2006 #11
    That doesn't help when their idea of conversation leaves me bored and wandering back into Hbar for more stimulating fare :cry: ! Though they are sometimes kinda cute for those first few seconds after the giggling and the hair flip thing :tongue2: .

13. Jan 26, 2006 #12

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Oy, guys want conversation too?

14. Jan 26, 2006 #13

Well, I do. I'm easily bored, I have a sort of ADD when it comes to simple non-intellectually engaging things. Basically, I lose interest in most women very quickly, usually in far less time than it takes to actually judge if a person is worth a date (too be fair, its not that women are boring or vapid, its that people are. But, being straight, the fact that most guys are equally boring or vapid is irrelevant).

15. Jan 26, 2006 #14

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Sorry, you lost me after "Well".

16. Jan 26, 2006 #15
    Say what ?

17. Jan 26, 2006 #16

honestrosewater

Gold Member

*giggles*

Actually, considering where words have gotten me so far, maybe I should try not talking for a while. Can someone teach me that hair flip thing? Does it work in the dark?

18. Jan 26, 2006 #17
    I finished reading that! Yay for me!

I agree entirely, btw.

19. Jan 26, 2006 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

whoops! there went my coffee! :rofl:
    *searches for something to mop up the monitor*

20. Jan 26, 2006 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

MIH, we speak our native language. I was talking about people around me not on net!:wink:
    Here people usually can't understand me because of my terrible English. In real life, people can't understand me because I'm interested and get excited about things that they have no idea about them. I have some friends with the same interests, but I can't spend all the day talking to them over the phone or perhaps emails. :yuck:

21. Jan 26, 2006 #20
    i think i know what mean,
    when im with my freinds from the university my conversation are much different then those i have with my childhood friends\family..

when im changing enviorement i just change my state of mind to the surroundings... and whenever i want to talk to somone about things that doesnt belong to my current enviorement i meet\call someone from the appropriate enviorement.

heh, i made it sound complicated :biggrin:

anyway, theres no point in getting frustrated over this, just talk about common interests, and save whats on your mind to someone who'd appreciate it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?