1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Toolkits for matlab- missing syms and some others

1. Apr 19, 2006 #1
    I have Matlab version 6.5 but the toolkit is MUCH different from that of the ones at school. I can't use the syms command plus many others such as poly2sym and sym2poly etc.

Anyone know how you can update your toolkit?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sounds like you didn't install the Symbolic Toolbox. Use the installer to install it, assuming you have a license for it.

- Warren

4. Apr 19, 2006 #3
    Yeah I have a school license for it. The school buys em and they loan out the cd at the library, not really sure how all that works on their end but thats how i was able to get it. So i have the student version of it.

I tried reinstalling the toolbox for it but syms still doesn't work. My professor told me that his version of the cd was doing the same thing. I didn't know if you could download different toolboxes?

5. Apr 26, 2006 #4

J77

The individual toolboxes cost 300EURO each to a normal user!

If you're after a specific program, maybe try searching for it - Mathwroks have some kind of file repository and the chances are you'll find it there... :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?