1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Toplogy book for study of dynamical systems

1. Oct 17, 2014 #1
    need a good book on topology and metric spaces! I'm an undergrad taking a course on non-linear dynamical systems, just realising my pre-knowledge is slightly under the requirement since I have not taken any course on topology. I only know basic real analysis and some complex analysis.
    so any good introduction on topology would be good. In particular, I prefer a lot of diagrams which can help with visaulising the concepts. many thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 22, 2014 #3
    Well, Munkres Topology is a possibility, but I'm not sure it would be quite what you want. I'm a very visual thinker, but I'm pretty good at generating my own visuals, so I don't always bother to track down the best book for that, especially if it's kind of introductory level stuff. You might want to try youtube. I'm too lazy to track it down, but I think I came across some good basic topology videos. I was only interested in a certain topic, since I already know the subject, so I only saw a couple, myself, but I think there are more out there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted