Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

TRAIN Driver.

1. Aug 21, 2005 #1
    hmmmmmmmmmmm consider u r driving a train.
    there is 100 passengers in the train. at first station 50 more get in to the train. 2nd station 27 more come in. but at the third station 45 left the train. 4th station no one leave or enter..... 5th station 37 ins and 49 out. what is the name of the driver?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2005 #2
    Naughily still in white:
    Umm.. I'm not telling you my name, but I know it and considering driving a train isn't going to change it no matter who gets on or off.

[EDIT] left out a not.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  4. Aug 21, 2005 #3
    The name of the driver is Quark

But no passenger will be left alive in the train. Huh...where is the spooky smiley :grumpy:

5. Aug 28, 2005 #4
    Dude that is whom who is reading the text itself.

6. Sep 4, 2005 #5
    the person who is reading the train is driving the train. because you have already told to consider ourselves as a train driver. i am reading, i am the train driver.name is abinash.

7. Sep 4, 2005 #6
    hei, its me

8. Sep 4, 2005 #7
    This riddle works better in person.

9. Sep 5, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

the name of the driver was bob. but not anymore, he was fired after he hit me while he was trying to figure out this question.

10. Sep 5, 2005 #9
    I have heard this riddle as "What is the drivers eye colour" which is good because it makes people try to figure out if there is some aspect to the data that might yeild that information. I think asking for the drivers name makes it too easy because you immediately go back and examine the form of the question.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?