How do I get from #2 to #3 in this trigonometry identity problem?

In summary, a trigonometry identity problem is a mathematical equation or expression involving trigonometric functions that is true for all values of the variables involved. To solve such problems, one must use the properties and identities of trigonometric functions to manipulate the given equation into a simplified form. Trigonometry identity problems are important in various fields and can be solved using strategies such as algebraic manipulations and substitution. To improve skills in solving these problems, regular practice and understanding of trigonometric identities and properties is key. Seeking help and breaking down complex problems can also be beneficial.
jkristia
I'm working on some trigonometry identity problems, and I'm stuck on this particular problem.
This is how it is shown in the solution, but I cannot see how to get the highlighted part.
Any help on how to get from #2 to #3 (the highlighted) is very much appreciated

attachment.php?attachmentid=36476&d=1308109721.png

Jesper

Attachments

• 2011-06-14_204819.png
    2011-06-14_204819.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 479
Physics news on Phys.org
Try multiplying the equation by 1. Or in this case, multiplying the numerator and denominator by sin(A) (which is equivalent to multiplying by 1).

ahhh - of course, thank you very much for the quick help.

1. What is a trigonometry identity problem?

A trigonometry identity problem is a mathematical equation or expression involving trigonometric functions that is true for all values of the variables involved. It is a fundamental concept in trigonometry that allows for the simplification of complex expressions and the derivation of new equations.

2. How do you solve a trigonometry identity problem?

To solve a trigonometry identity problem, you must use the properties and identities of trigonometric functions to manipulate the given equation or expression until it is in a simplified form. This often involves using identities such as the Pythagorean identities, double angle identities, and sum and difference identities.

3. Why are trigonometry identity problems important?

Trigonometry identity problems are important because they form the basis for many complex mathematical concepts and calculations, especially in fields such as engineering, physics, and astronomy. They also allow for the conversion of trigonometric functions into simpler forms, making calculations and problem-solving more efficient.

4. What are some common strategies for solving trigonometry identity problems?

Some common strategies for solving trigonometry identity problems include using algebraic manipulations, substituting known values or identities, and converting trigonometric functions into different forms. It is also important to have a strong understanding of the properties and relationships between different trigonometric functions.

5. How can I improve my skills in solving trigonometry identity problems?

To improve your skills in solving trigonometry identity problems, it is important to practice regularly and familiarize yourself with the common identities and properties of trigonometric functions. It can also be helpful to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts and to seek help or guidance from teachers or online resources when needed.