Mystery of the Natural Spring: A Severn Trent Tale

In summary: Really? I've always seen them in the ground with that metal plate over them.In summary, the woman down the village noticed water gushing up from her lawn, she called severn trent (the local water authority and they told her ( it is not our problem it is a natural spring) for 5 weeks this lady watched her lawn being washed down the drain, eventually severn trent dug up the goop only to find an uncharted water main.
Hey Danger, the new ducati rr will be out soon, 205bhp the nearest you could get to a street legal race bike ony 37,500 quid, and you get a 3yr guarantee. :!)

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not a good enough rider for something like that. I'll go like stink in a car, but bikes kinda scare me. I found the basic old 750 Cow pretty comfortable, but my favourite that I ever rode was a 600 BMW.

:yuck: :grumpy: :eek: :tongue2:

How could you? you should never use the b word in front of a brit biker.

:tongue:

If it's any comfort to you, I was trying to convince my cousin to sell me his 750 Commando about 30 years ago. He wouldn't, though.

Yeah, BMW had a sweet-riding R60 back in the early 70's. My friend's was the burnt-orange color with the mini fairing like a cafe racer. I've owned only Harleys for the past 20+ years, but if it's any consoloation, Woolie, the one of the most spirited singles I've ever ridden was a Manx Norton. I didn't buy it because of the scarcity of parts around here, and instead went with a Honda 450 CL - a nicely geared street scrambler that would shock the 650s on the green lights.

A manx norton :!) oh i wish, you should have bought it turbo, replica parts are made here, i think a complete engine is available now, but costs loadsa money.

wolram said:
A manx norton :!) oh i wish, you should have bought it turbo, replica parts are made here, i think a complete engine is available now, but costs loadsa money.
Do the replica engines still have the external valve-train drive? You know, the one that spits oil all over your right leg? :rofl: Yeah, if I had the money to buy that as a project AND buy the used CL450 for reliable cheap transportation, I would have done so, and tinkered it little by little. My wife and I were newly married, just starting out with used furniture, rented apartment, and low-paying jobs, so I wasn't in a position to do that.

Danger said:
On the upside, she likes to cook.
Does that mean the next time you post a photo of yourself, you'll have added on a few pounds (or kilograms)? :biggrin:

Possibly. :uhh:

On the other hand, she provides a way to work it off. :devil:

turbo-1 said:
Do the replica engines still have the external valve-train drive? You know, the one that spits oil all over your right leg? :rofl: Yeah, if I had the money to buy that as a project AND buy the used CL450 for reliable cheap transportation, I would have done so, and tinkered it little by little. My wife and I were newly married, just starting out with used furniture, rented apartment, and low-paying jobs, so I wasn't in a position to do that.

British bikes all ways drible fluid down your leg, that is the way you know that they love you :rofl:

wolram said:
British bikes all ways drible fluid down your leg, that is the way you know that they love you :rofl:
I've ridden lots of British bikes - that one must have had a wicked crush on me!

Evo said:
Because I told them it was flooding my basement, so he knew the break was near the house. :frown:

The builder ran substandard pipe and a joint broke.

Moonbear is correct, the have a pole that they stick into the hole, one turn and the water is off. Takes 2 seconds.

Ok. Sorry it took me a bit to get back to this. Looks like it's a bit off topic. Anyway, the point is that it is easy for THEM to turn it off. It is not easy for John Q. Homeowner to do it. Water can leak upstream and follow a pipe for several hundred feet. I've had it happen. I'd fight this. If it is supposed to be the homeowners responsibility, then they shouldn't care if you dug up their crappy valve and do something different. But, I know the answer to that proposal. They can't have it both ways.