Trying to teach myself physics

• Thread starter sarker306
  • Start date
In summary, attempting to self-teach physics can be challenging but also rewarding. It requires dedication, self-discipline, and a strong understanding of mathematical concepts. It is important to have access to reliable resources and to seek guidance from experts when needed. Consistent practice and problem-solving are crucial for success in mastering the subject. Overall, self-learning physics can be a fulfilling and enriching experience, but it requires a lot of effort and determination.
sarker306
Not that I am trying to go anywhere, but I needed to find a community where I can ask questions and get help formulating the problems mathematically. I am somewhat open to the idea of numerical solutions, because I can code a bit. Most of my exposure is in discrete mathematics, not continuous analytical mathematics, and I am somewhat shaky working with complex numbers and so. I am interested in relearning physics because I believe it would help me appreciate the advancements in modern Mathematics and vice versa.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello sarker, ##\quad## :welcome: ##\quad##

Seems to me you are well-equipped to pursue your goals. And that includes knowing your areas of shakiness :smile: so you can challenge them from time to time -- at your leasure and in a safe environment.

complex numbers is not easy to me too.
hope to learn useful stuff here!

• Informative
Likes sarker306