Free Intro-Level Tunneling Simulator - Download Now!

• B
  • Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tunneling
In summary, a tunneling simulator is a computer program that simulates the process of particles or waves passing through a potential barrier, such as a tunnel. It offers a user-friendly interface and allows for interactive learning, making it an effective educational tool. This particular simulator offers customizable features, real-time plotting of tunneling probabilities, and the ability to save and export data. It is also free to download and does not require specialized knowledge to use, as it comes with a comprehensive user guide and tutorial.
houlahound
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know much about Quantum Physics, but we use these PHET simulations all the time in my E&M class for "labs".

What is a tunneling simulator?

A tunneling simulator is a computer program that simulates the process of particles or waves passing through a potential barrier, such as a tunnel. It allows users to explore and understand the principles of quantum mechanics and tunneling phenomena.

Why should I download this intro-level tunneling simulator?

This intro-level tunneling simulator is a great tool for students, researchers, and anyone interested in understanding the concept of tunneling. It provides a user-friendly interface and allows for interactive learning, making it an effective educational tool.

What features does this tunneling simulator offer?

This tunneling simulator offers a wide range of features, including customizable potential barriers, various particle and wave options, real-time plotting of tunneling probabilities, and the ability to save and export data for further analysis.

Is this tunneling simulator free to download?

Yes, this intro-level tunneling simulator is completely free to download. It is an open-source project developed by a team of scientists and is available for anyone to use and modify.

Do I need any specialized knowledge to use this tunneling simulator?

While some basic understanding of quantum mechanics may be helpful, this tunneling simulator is designed to be user-friendly and accessible to anyone. It also comes with a comprehensive user guide and tutorial to help users get started.