why is it a paradox? it makes sense to me.
Nice. And the last stage is by no means trivial to understand for a student of relativity.Janus said:The Stages of Twin Paradox understanding:
1. Wait, how can one twin be younger than the Other?
2. Oh, I see, time runs slower for the twin that actually moves.
3. Wait a minute, there is no absolute motion so the traveling twin can say that his brother was moving, so each Twin sees the other as younger. How is this possible?
4. Oh, now I see, its the twin that accelerates that ages slower, so its acceleration that causes time to run slow.
5. Hold on, experiments show that acceleration in of itself does not cause clocks to run slow.
last stage. Actual understanding of the "paradox" and its resolution Through incorporating time dilation, length contraction, the Relativity of Simultaneity and changing frames.
Unfortunately, many people get stuck at one of the stages before the last one.