Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

U.S. Air Force Plans for Future War in Space

1. Feb 24, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2004 #2
    man that is soooooooooo coooooooool...... if we have war in space then they'll need more pilots and futuristic war planes.... more aerospace enggs... thats gonna be the time i'm waiting for......
  4. Mar 12, 2004 #3
    Why would we need pilots?
  5. Mar 12, 2004 #4
    who's gonna fly the planes??? i know this article was all about satellites but surely they'll have futuristic planes that fight in very high orbits instead of these low orbit fighters....
    i hope they convert are world to something like in starcraft....
  6. Mar 12, 2004 #5
    o' man...

heh, if people wasted troops like I do in that game there wouldn't be any people left on the earth.

If I were a general then I would want to put my troops at the least amount of danger as possible. I'd use remote controlled aircraft that could fight on their own, be more manuverable and would be more efficient (fuel wise at least). I wouldn't use people.
  7. Mar 12, 2004 #6
    u're so much like my image... i rarely play starcraft like those boring dumbasses who think they're so smart and come n kill u at the start of the game...
    i usually play with the likes of me... build huge armies (make everything almost free on custom maps and reduce building time) and then we fight.... nukes where like 150-250 units are crowded (opponents as well as mine) and then they all get wiped out... man its so much fun....
    tats a cool idea to have rc planes do the job... but i so wanna be out there and fly those planes... i'd love to risk my life for that xp... all worth it...
  8. Mar 12, 2004 #7
    and thats why the U.S. Air Force plans for future war in space...

try not to curse
  9. Mar 12, 2004 #8
    i think we all shud whole heartedly support the idea... it doesn't look liek we're far form the the day when we'll have mutant humans with machines installed in them... as it is US is buying this really cool new technology with which their marines will be able to carry so much more load, jump higher, etc by attaching an electric exoskeleton on their body... no remotes... just move ur hand and the motors start running so u dont feel the weight... aint it kewl?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?