Ubuntu not detecting wireless network

I currently have a duel operating system with windows 7 and Ubuntu. The problem I am having is that my ubuntu (10.10) is not DETECTING my wireless router. How do I fix this? Please explain simply as im 13. thanks.

Answers and Replies

Does it see other wireless networks?

If not, does it see your wireless card?

It cant detect ANY wireless networks but how do I check to see if it detects my wireless card?

It cant detect ANY wireless networks but how do I check to see if it detects my wireless card?
In the top right, it should have a network icon. Click it, and it should be three lines (curved) for wireless.

I think I know your problem. It's not nice.

You need the restricted drivers - which come from online.

You need to connect your computer with an ethernet cable to the internet, click System, in Administration, click Hardware Drivers (or restricted drivers) and then choose the wireless driver (should be something like B4A).

Install it, restart and you should have wireless.

Make sure your wireless adapter is turned on in Windows 7. I don't actively use Linux, so I'm pretty useless for this problem, but I've been told that turning off your wireless in Windows (in a dual booting situation) makes it impossible to turn on through Linux.

Make sure your wireless adapter is turned on in Windows 7. I don't actively use Linux, so I'm pretty useless for this problem, but I've been told that turning off your wireless in Windows (in a dual booting situation) makes it impossible to turn on through Linux.
I used to run dual boot, but can't say I ever ran into that one.

I'm a mad Linux user now.