Undergrad EE -advised needed

In summary, the conversation discusses the choice between attending the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor or Georgia Tech in Atlanta for Electrical Engineering, with a preference for Georgia Tech due to its reputation and location. The conversation also touches on the weather, size of the cities, and the difficulty of the EE program at Georgia Tech. Financial aid and residency are also mentioned as factors to consider in the decision. Overall, the conversation leans towards choosing Georgia Tech for its reputation as a top Engineering school.
johndoe
Ok I have been accepted by university of michigan (ann arbor) as well as george tech(atlanta)
for EE. Any advise to choose one from the other is welcome. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Both are reputable institutions... so what do their financial aid packages look like? Do you qualify for residency in either state?

I personally think the weather is crappy at both places, though for different reasons (GT is too darn hot but U of M is clouded over for months in the winter). Atlanta is a bigger city, GT is in the middle of it all (I worked there during the summer of the olympics... so it was lots of fun!), but Ann Arbor is fairly nice too -- a bit smaller and therefore feeling more small townish... though certainly not without things to do.

physics girl phd said:
Both are reputable institutions... so what do their financial aid packages look like? Do you qualify for residency in either state?

I personally think the weather is crappy at both places, though for different reasons (GT is too darn hot but U of M is clouded over for months in the winter). Atlanta is a bigger city, GT is in the middle of it all (I worked there during the summer of the olympics... so it was lots of fun!), but Ann Arbor is fairly nice too -- a bit smaller and therefore feeling more small townish... though certainly not without things to do.

I am concerned out of state for both.

id go to GT.

Top 5 Engineering school i think

I heard that at GT, EE is the hardest thing that you can do. In fact, it was a post in pf. So you might want to choose GT.

What is an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering (EE)?

An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) is a four-year program that focuses on the study of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It covers a wide range of topics such as circuit analysis, digital systems, signal processing, and power systems.

What are the job opportunities for graduates with an EE degree?

Graduates with an EE degree have a wide range of job opportunities in various industries such as telecommunications, power and energy, electronics, and computer hardware and software. They can work as electrical engineers, electronics engineers, systems engineers, software engineers, and many more.

What are the key skills needed for success in an EE degree?

To be successful in an EE degree, you need to have strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. You should also have a solid understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer programming. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important in this field.

What is the role of an academic advisor for an EE degree?

An academic advisor for an EE degree plays a crucial role in helping students plan their academic journey and achieve their goals. They assist students in selecting courses, understanding degree requirements, and exploring career options. They also provide guidance and support for any academic or personal challenges students may face.

How can I prepare for an EE degree program?

To prepare for an EE degree program, it is important to have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. You can also gain hands-on experience by participating in internships or joining engineering clubs and organizations. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with basic programming languages and tools used in EE, such as MATLAB and circuit simulation software.