1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate physics help me

1. Dec 20, 2009 #1
    Hello!
    I am going to study theoretical physics in next year so I wanna know is there any big difference between study in a high rank university and in a low rank university?( I mean for a undergraduate degree)Because of the tuition fees, I am an international student by the way

thanks, have a nice day!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2009 #2
    I think that classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, calculus and anything you are going to study for a undergraduate physics degree has been at least for 200 years in books. Maybe, quantum mechanics or a subject in your senior year just 50-100 years, but the point is that it just depend on the Professor-Student interest in teaching-learning respectively.

About opportunities of getting a job,you should ask to someone in your country.

(Sorry if i did many mistakes writing)

4. Dec 25, 2009 #3

fluidistic

Gold Member

Sorry for being a bit late. This question has been asked a lot of time here. The answer is that for undergraduate degree there is almost no difference between any University, as for the courses. The atmosphere of each University varies however.

5. Dec 26, 2009 #4
    Thanks a lot I appreciate it !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook