1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate summer research program?

1. Feb 25, 2012 #1
    im currently studying civil engineering at your typical technical college. right now im taking a course in differential equations and i guess you can say i'm relatively interested in it. ive been toying with the idea of minoring in applied mathematics but i guess thats another story.

over the summer the college is offering a summer undergraduate research program for mathematics, the email i received doesnt really say much about the program besides the fact its ten weeks long and that my research problem must be clearly stated in a proposal and that it must contain significance and originality.

now my question is, what can they really expect from an undergraduate student who has just taken what i guess to be a course on the fundamentals of differential equations? has anyone else done anything like this or have any idea what i can expect?

thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted