Alain Ferbere
Understanding Infrared Spectroscopy: Analysis of a Recorded Spectrum
- Level: Graduate
- Thread starter Alain Ferbere
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Ftir Infrared Raman Spectroscopy
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 6,031
- 3,160
One question I have is if you had the gas in some kind of glass container, did you correct your data for spectral runs with the glass, with and without the gas inside?
Alain Ferbere
Yes, I am using a 35m gas cell of borosilicate and I am corrected the data by using different reference gases (H2 6.0 and He 6.0). This recorded spectrum is only one of 10 different spectra from different samples collected for quality tests. I am keeping the pressure and the temperature constant at respectively 1000 mbar and 320 K during the measurements. All other samples, from various locations (H2 storage facilities) are not showing this special absorbance and it's the first time I have observed this absorbance feature. The other species present in this sample are 340 ppm Ethane, 14 ppm Methane and traces of Propane, IsoButane n-Butane and Ethanol. Regards, AlainCharles Link said:One question I have is if you had the gas in some kind of glass container, did you correct your data for spectral runs with the glass, with and without the gas inside?
Similar threads
- bertopolis
- · Replies 5 ·
- Optics
- Replies
- 5
- stanford
- · Replies 2 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 2
- creative_wind
- · Replies 7 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 7
- Monocerotis
- · Replies 6 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 6
- el_hijoeputa
- · Replies 2 ·
- Atomic and Condensed Matter
- Replies
- 2