Units of Measurement for Railcar Operating Loads

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Altai
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody!
Would someone please advise on the following matter.
I'm making up a table of railcar operating loads. One of the column includes abbreviated units of measurement such as kN, MN, N/mm2, etc. The question is: How should I title the column? I was thinking about titling it "Measurement", but I'm not 100% sure if it's OK since I am no native English speaker. What is the most typical heading for such a column?
Thank you!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi Altai! Welcome to PF! :wink:
Altai said:
One of the column includes abbreviated units of measurement such as kN, MN, N/mm2, etc. The question is: How should I title the column?

"Units" :smile:
 


tiny-tim said:
Hi Altai! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Thank you tiny-tim! :)

tiny-tim said:
"Units" :smile:

Just "units" is OK? What about "measurement units"? Or will it be excessive?
 
Monstrously excessive! :biggrin:

(After all, what other sort of units could they be? :rolleyes: Accommodation units? :wink:)
 
tiny-tim said:
Monstrously excessive! :biggrin:

(After all, what other sort of units could they be? :rolleyes: Accommodation units? :wink:)

:smile:
Thank you tiny-tim, that really was an eye-opener!
:smile: