What Are the Missing Planets in the Sequence?

P-M-M-V-E-N-U-S-J-I-A-M. The conversation then turned into a playful banter about the order of the planets and their sizes. In summary, the conversation started with a question about finding the missing letters in a sequence and ended with a playful exchange about the order of the planets in our solar system.
AntonVrba
? - ? - ? - V - E - N - U - S - ?

Find the missing letters indicated by ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Answer: P-M-M-V-E-N-U-S-J the first letter of the solar system planets in order of the size of the planet

? - ? - ? - V - E - N - U - S - ?
I - A - M - V - E - N - U - S - !

:biggrin:

Just kidding... I'm a guy anyway... so that wouldn't work for me. I'm sure that the other answer given is correct. Pretty neat too, I wouldn't have thought of that so easily.

Jim was rather quick with the correct answer

What is the Universal Sequence?

The Universal Sequence, also known as the Universal Genetic Code, is a set of rules that governs the translation of DNA sequences into amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. It is the same for all living organisms, with a few rare exceptions.

How many nucleotides are in the Universal Sequence?

The Universal Sequence is made up of 64 nucleotides, also known as codons. Each codon is composed of three nucleotides, and each nucleotide can be one of four bases: Adenine (A), Guanine (G), Cytosine (C), and Thymine (T).

Who discovered the Universal Sequence?

The Universal Sequence was first discovered by scientists Francis Crick and Sydney Brenner in 1961. They were studying the genetic code of the bacterium Escherichia coli and were able to decipher the code for the first time.

How does the Universal Sequence determine protein sequence?

The Universal Sequence is read in groups of three nucleotides, which correspond to a specific amino acid. For example, the codon "AUG" codes for the amino acid methionine. This process continues until a stop codon is reached, signaling the end of the protein sequence.

Is the Universal Sequence truly universal?

While the Universal Sequence is the same for the vast majority of living organisms, there are a few exceptions. For example, some species of bacteria and mitochondria use slightly different codons to code for certain amino acids. However, the overall genetic code is still very similar and follows the same basic rules.