Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker's bedroom door cracked easily and the kitchen door's latch was weak. Only two out of four doors in the speaker's flat are functional. They joke about ruining the other two for consistency. The quality of housing materials is criticized. The speaker's friend is happy to have them back despite the door issues. A game show scenario is discussed. The speaker's windows also have issues, including one being marked as a fire exit but being difficult to open.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
First my bedroom door wouldn't shut so i gave it a gentle kick and put my foot through the skin.
Then my kitchen door wouldn't open so i shoulder nudged it, that sent the latch flying,
So now i only have an entry door and second bedroom door left that works.

Physics news on Phys.org
Two down, two to go.

Oh no Wolram, what are they making things with now days?

wolram said:
First my bedroom door wouldn't shut so i gave it a gentle kick and put my foot through the skin.
Then my kitchen door wouldn't open so i shoulder nudged it, that sent the latch flying,
So now i only have an entry door and second bedroom door left that works.

I say, ruin the other two as well, just for the sake of consistence o:)

Evo said:
Oh no Wolram, what are they making things with now days?

The skin of the bedroom door cracked so easy it may well have the strength of 1mm thick asbestos, the kitchen door latch would be no bother to a 10st weakling.

DanP said:
I say, ruin the other two as well, just for the sake of consistence o:)

There is all ways some one who say half full is better than half empty, lol.

Sorry to hear about your papier mache flat, Woolie. All three external doors here have been upgraded to wood-core steel, with deadbolts. The two internal doors are cheap hollow-core luan, and wouldn't stand up to my ~50# dog.

When you visit, allow me to open and close all doors for you.
Seriously though, it is a shame as to the quality of housing materials these days.

turbo-1 said:
Sorry to hear about your papier mache flat, Woolie. All three external doors here have been upgraded to wood-core steel, with deadbolts. The two internal doors are cheap hollow-core luan, and wouldn't stand up to my ~50# dog.

The flat in itself is sound as a pound, its almost as if they ran out of cash and used
micky mouse doors.

HI Wolly, sorry about the bum doors. But really none of that matters, because we have you here again. It just don't feel like home without you here.

Doors certainly do cause problems.

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors and wants to make sure viewers will endure the commercials to see what happens, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind another, a tiger, and behind the other, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors and wants to make sure viewers will endure the commercials to see what happens, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

BobG said:
Doors certainly do cause problems.

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors and wants to make sure viewers will endure the commercials to see what happens, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

Not if wolram gets close to those doors. Lol

Do you have a landlord that will take care of it I hope? I got myself into a cheap place and quickly found that all the landlord was willing to do for me was take my money.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Do you have a landlord that will take care of it I hope? I got myself into a cheap place and quickly found that all the landlord was willing to do for me was take my money.

The landlord should fix it, if they don't i will threaten to fit solid oak doors with barn door hinges.

How are the windows holding up?

wolram said:
the kitchen door latch would be no bother to a 10st weakling.
(or a 5tod strapping lad either :smile: ) I like your inclination though, bring on the solid oak.

Phrak said:
How are the windows holding up?

Not so good, i have one that needs s screwdriver to open it, funny thing is i have one marked fire exit which is some 20 ft from the ground.

wolram said:
Not so good, i have one that needs s screwdriver to open it, funny thing is i have one marked fire exit which is some 20 ft from the ground.

Maybe a neighbour borrowed the ladder?

Related to Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!

1. What is the premise of "Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!"?

The book follows the story of a young adult who seems to have constant bad luck, encountering broken doors in every aspect of their life. It explores themes of resilience, overcoming adversity, and finding the silver lining in tough situations.

2. Is "Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!" based on a true story?

The book is a work of fiction and not based on a specific true story. However, it may draw inspiration from real-life experiences and struggles.

3. Who is the target audience for "Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!"?

The book is targeted towards young adults and adults who enjoy contemporary fiction and stories about personal growth and self-discovery.

4. What are some themes and messages explored in "Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!"?

Some of the themes and messages in the book include resilience, perseverance, finding strength in tough situations, and the power of self-reflection and growth.

5. Can "Unlucky Me - Broken Doors Everywhere!" be considered a self-help book?

While the book may offer insights and lessons on personal growth and overcoming adversity, it is primarily a work of fiction and not intended to be a self-help book.